Chapter 30

There was knocking at the door.

Me and Spider both shut up at the interruption of it and stayed silent, our faces glued to the door.

Spider soon stands and answers the door, his body blocking me from seeing who it was.

"Yeah?" I hear him talk.

"She's gotta come back to her room now for the night" I hear Quaritch's voice. Spider looks back at me sadly. I stand up and walk slowly over to him.

I stand besides Spider, Quaritch at the door looking down at us. He stares at me, his arms folded. I slide past Spider and smile at him on the way out.

"See ya later" I say. He smiles his mouth briefly and repeats what I said to him back to me. Quaritch then turns and walks behind me while I walk down the corridor, his footsteps looming behind me.

"Is there still blood everywhere?" I ask as we stop outside the door.

"No, it's gone" he informs me. I look back to the door and press the open button, it opens with a hiss and I step inside. I turn around and press the shut button, mine and Quaritch's eyes locking on each others as the door raises from the ground then cutting him off from me.

I look around the room and instantly notice something different about it. There's more furnishings.

I see a desk and chair in a corner that used to be empty. The design is basic and is the same modern metals as the one Spider had in the room he stays in. There's a floor lamp next to the bed that reaches just past the bedframe, and finally there's a small black bean bag on the floor next to the bed. I pick it up and inspect it, pinching it by the top like it's a bag of dog waste, and of course that's how I see it, anything here was shit to me.

I glanced around the room more, mostly to the walls now. I felt like I was being watched. Since being here I've assumed I'm being watched always, so I've had to be careful on what I do or say. I sigh deeply.

I sit down on the floor, my legs crossed and back resting on the last free corner of the room, my head gazing up to the bright spotlight celing.

*Booomm*

The lights suddenly dulled down, everything dark grey toned. They usually did this when it was time for sleep. With everything dark and barely visible, I held my knees close to my chest and cuddled them. I must've stayed like this all night because I woke up in the same position early the next day.

......

*Poof!*

The lights brightened again. I drowsily open my eyes. My neck and back felt horrible. Everything's a blur but no thanks to the lights all I saw was white.

"Y/n?"

I blink more, being able to see better with each blink I take.

"Y/n"

I raise my head, my hair tatted in my face and covering half of it. I look up to see Quaritch in the room, his huge blue figure walking around the place as he looks at everything.

"What..." I say, pulling my hair forward to cover the lights from my eyes.

"Come on get up, you've been laying like that all night" he tells me. I feel my shoulder get grabbed and lightly nudged around. I can smell his scent close to me. I couldn't describe it but it was one I haven't smelt from someone before, it was like the smell of rain with very slight cologne.

"Right" I mumbled then raised my head at him, swooping my arm under my hair and flicking it backwards out my face. My hair then falling lightly back against my face, neck and shoulders all feathery. I look up to his eyes as he's knelt down besides me. His face looked softer, like it wasn't as tense as it usually is. I still feel the warmth of his suffocating hand resting on my shoulder blade.