Chapter 35

"Is there... anything else you wanted to tell me?" I ask, avoiding the question.

"No...that's all" he says. I then stand, he stands after me too and I turn and face the door. He lets me leave, I turn around to face him as he leans against the doorway.

"Will I need escorting?" I ask.

"No, I trust you" he says. Caught off a little I raised my brows. A small smile makes its way across my face.

"Thank you" I spoke. I then turn around and take a slow walk to the room I'm usually in. I glance back and he's still there, watching. I raise my hand and wave before turning into the room, shutting the door behind me. That was odd.

I don't waste time and begin to meditate again, my conscious shifting into my avatar after an hour of trying.

...........

My eyes open slowly. This time it feels more like a dream by how difficult it was to stay in the light.

I look around the room and see Ti'loni sitting by my side, sharpening his dagger.

"Hey..." I call out quietly. He looks up and puts his dagger away by his chest, fastening the tie.

"Hey" he smiles, glad that I'm awake.

"How long have you been here?" I ask.

"Not long" he says.

"Thanks for seeing me, I didn't get a chance to thank you before I fell sick." I told him.

"Don't worry about that, I'm here now and you're awake" he says. I smile at him, resting my eyes for a few seconds.

"Thank you for coming to find me" I tell him. His smile widens and he holds onto my hand.

"Always"

He then passes me a bowl of fruit.

"Here, you need your strength" he tells me. I begin to sit up a little, as I do Ti'loni rushes closer and supports my back with his hand, helping me up.

He shifts himself to somewhat sit behind me as he supports me from behind, I leaned back a little, my chest sore and head resting against his chest. He brought his hands to meet mine, giving me butterflies all over again. His scent filling my nose, the salty sea smell that I'd grown to love. It was a nice change from the odd masculine scent that radiated from Quaritch.

I took a few bites out of the fruit I was given.

"Do you want some?" I ask him.

"Alright, sure" he says, his breath warming the back of my neck. I raised my hand above my head and his soft grasp took the fruit from me. We began to silently chewing away at the tough meat of the fruit, just enjoying each others company.

We began to chat once we were done. It was nice talking to him with no one around, it was around midday. The breeze was gentle, just keeping the sweat away with the sun rays shining brightly around us, the hut roof blocking us from being blinded. The waves crashing lightly and children laughing in the distance completed it.

Ti'loni reached out and took my right hand in his. His fingers traced over all four of my fingers and my thumb, he caressed my hand like dough.

"You got pretty hands" he tells me, admiration in his voice.

"Thanks" I laugh a little nervously.
"Yours are cool too" I add, smiling.

"Thank you" he says back.

"Do you think we'll be able to be together?" I ask him, moving my head up to the side slightly.

"I don't see how we wouldn't be able to, once you become one of the people we can be together" he says gently.