confession - v.c (request!)

-

You and Mia Reed have gotten close this past school year, and you two have almost been inseparable. It was an unexpected friendship but you tried not to question it. You both were at your house hanging by the pool when you decided to text your best friend since childhood, Vada, to see if she wanted to come over and hang out with you too.

1:36 pm - You

Vads, wanna hang out by the pool?

1:37 pm - Vada

On my way! :) <3

-

When Vada arrived at your house, she heard giggling coming from the pool area. She made her way towards the gate with a rolled joint in one hand and a 12-pack of soda in the other. She looked above the fence and saw you lying in the same pool chair with Mia, giggling over some Tiktok. She opened the gate and raised an eyebrow.

"Y/n?" She questioned while putting down the soda on the ground. "And Mia." Her smile fell flat. Her voice made both of you stop laughing at the TikTok and your gaze focused on her.

"Vada!" You exclaimed excitedly. "Yeah, Mia's here, I hope you don't mind." You sat up straighter in the seat and patted the chair next to her to join you.

Vada shoved the joint secretly in her pocket and walked slowly over to you both. "It's not like you care what I think anyways." Vada snapped quietly while sitting down in the chair next to you. You decided to ignore the comment from Vada, hoping you just caught her at an off moment.

You settled back into the chair and Mia draped an arm around your shoulder. Mia was a very affectionate friend, which made it hard for Vada to tolerate because she didn't understand. She crossed her legs in her chair and sighed quietly, fidgeting with her fingers.

Mia draped one of her legs over you while she pulled out her phone and took a selfie of the two of you. After taking the picture Mia examined it. "Beautiful angel face." She smiled at you and pecked your cheek playfully. "I'm going to post this to my IG story, ok?"

"Sounds good to me." You smiled softly at Mia.

You heard a sigh come from Vada. She got up from her chair and grabbed a pool floaty, she put the unicorn-shaped float around her waist and walked back over to you guys. "Do you guys want to go swimming?" She half smiled at the both of you.

"Errr, not really." Mia trailed. "I don't want to get my hair wet."

Vada made eye contact with you for your answer. You looked at the water and back at Vada. "I'm good, too. But feel free to go in!"

"Of course you're good." Vada rolled her eyes and turned away from you. "If she wasn't here, you would." Vada muttered under her breath.

"What did you say?" You sat up slightly, confused.

"Nothing." Vada confirmed before jumping into the pool with her float.

A few hours had passed and the three of you had moved from being outside to relaxing in your room. You and Mia enjoyed each other's company by laughing and joking with each other, while Vada curled in a chair that sat in the corner of your room. You attempted to get her to join you and Mia, but she refused.

"My dads texted me, they're back home!" Mia shrieked in excitement. "I'll see you guys later, I'm gonna take off." She slid off of your bed, grabbed her keys, and scurried out the door.

"Text me!" You shouted as she ran out the door.

-

Vada looked down at her lap to hide the smirk that was written all over her face when Mia had to leave. She had been waiting for her to leave since she got there.