break - t.c (request!)

tw: mentions of alcohol and sexual assault

-

Numb describes how you've felt for the last two weeks. You and Tara had a nasty break-up. There was screaming, crying, and breaking of objects; your mind would replay the scenario over and over.

Your solution, as a college kid, would be distracting yourself with the obvious - partying. Tonight was the biggest frat party of the year. While previously you would be uninterested, this would be your best distraction yet.

Dressed in heels, a mini skirt, and a crop top; you pushed your way through hoards of people who were most likely already blacked out. A few guys cat-called out to you, which you ignored as you had your eyes set on the drink table.

Grabbing the unlabeled bottle off the table, you unscrewed the cap and took a large swig from the lip.

The burning sensation stung the back of your throat and you felt the heat all the way down to your stomach. You scrunched your face up slightly, shaking it off quickly. "Vodka," you muttered to yourself.

You shrugged your shoulders and kept the bottle in hand. The loud base of the music vibrated your body as you pushed through more people, keeping your hand wrapped around the neck of the bottle.

With an empty stomach, the liquor consumed you within a half hour. Your eyes were feeling heavy as you moved your body to the music.

You saw the crowd of people disperse as a small figure made their way through them. You happened to glance to your right and that's when you saw her.

Tara stood in a tight blue shirt and jeans, she definitely wasn't expecting to show up to the party tonight. Your eyes widened as her blurry figure came into focus. You hadn't seen her since that night.

Stumbling backward in shock, you dropped the empty vodka bottle. Your back collided with the chest of a guy who stood a foot taller than you. He wrapped his arm around your waist, taking your accidental tumble as a move on him.

"Hey, beautiful," he said over the music.

"H-Hey," you slurred, glancing back at Tara and then at him.

He tightened his grip around one side of your waist and began leading you away, whispering something in your ear.

Tara knelt down on the ground, picking up the empty bottle you dropped. She sniffed the bottle and quickly turned her face away from the strong smell. She glanced up and saw you being led upstairs by someone she didn't recognize.

Her eyes narrowed as you disappeared out of sight. Knowing something wasn't right, she placed the empty bottle onto the counter and began squeezing herself back through the crowd to follow you.

-

The sound of the music muffled as you heard a door click behind you. The guy holding onto you lifted you up slightly as you felt yourself get heavier.

"Stand up, would you?"

You groaned softly as you placed your hand on his chest and pushed yourself up to stand up straighter.

You looked around the room to familiarize yourself with your surroundings, your eyes lagged behind as you turned your head around.

A small gasp escaped your mouth when the guy pinned you up against the wall. His free hand quickly finds a home between your legs.

You weakly kicked your legs to get him to pull it away. "S-Stop, what are you doing?"

His expression quickly went from pleased to angry. "You're the one who wanted this," he spat as he wrapped his hand around your neck, pressing you deeper into the wall.