thanksgiving - j.o

thanksgiving - j.o

-

It's the morning of Thanksgiving, this is the first year you and Jenna were having your own together. The kitchen smelled nostalgic as you and Jenna were prep cooking for the feast you planned to indulge in later today.

Jenna wore a burnt orange apron and her hair pulled back into a bun. She was making the stuffing while you were peeling the potatoes.

Jenna put on Christmas music on the Alexa, both of you were humming to yourselves.

Jenna put the stuffing in the oven and set the timer, she came up behind you while you were finishing up on the potatoes and wrapped her arms around your waist.

"This is perfect," she said. "Just you and I."

You grinned softly. "It's more than perfect," you agreed. You turned around, her arms staying around your waist. You leaned down and gave her a forehead kiss while wrapping your arms gently around her neck and pulling you to her chest.

She nuzzled her face into your chest. "It smells so good already, I can't wait to eat."

"I'm starving," you said while scanning the kitchen to see exactly where you were at with time. "Actually, we can probably get the turkey ready to go in the oven."

She gave you a squeeze before letting you go. "I'll grab the seasonings if you can grab the turkey?"

"Of course," you smiled and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

You padded over to the fridge and opened the door. You furrowed your eyebrows when you didn't see the turkey on the shelf. It was a decent-sized turkey you and Jenna picked out, it shouldn't be hard to miss.

"Hey, Jen?" You shouted from the fridge.

"Yeah?" She replied. She was standing tip-toed on top of the step stool grabbing the seasonings from the cabinet.

"Where's the turkey?"

Jenna stayed silent. You turned around to see her standing facing you with one of her hands covering her mouth and eyes wide.

"... You left it in the freezer, didn't you?"

She nodded, keeping her hand over her mouth. You saw her cheeks tense to hold back a smile.

You sighed playfully. While chuckling, you grabbed your phone from your back pocket and unlocked it.

"I'll make us dinner reservations."

-end

a/n: happy thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates! i am so grateful for each and every one of you - you guys really do make my day.

with the holidays quickly approaching, i just want to remind everyone that my dm's are always open if you need someone to talk to I know these times can be tough. ily all <3