heartache (bonus!) - j.o

*warning - fluff!!*

-

6 months later

You and Jenna were now living together and officially a couple. (Finally.) Today was the baby's first birthday. You and Jenna were definitely way more excited than her.

You told Jenna you were asked to work late, but in reality you were surprising her.

After work you decided to hit the party store where you purchased a bundle of pink shaded balloons. Of course one was a sparkly number "1". Getting them in your car was an interesting time as they all decided they wanted to float towards the front.

Next stop was the bakery, you ordered a small birthday cake just for her. It was "Bluey" themed, her favorite thing to watch whenever you and Jenna allowed her to have screen time.

You and Jenna already had presents wrapped at home for her, so you didn't have to worry about that.

After getting everything, you drove back home to your apartment.

With all of the balloons and the cake, you did your best to be as quiet as possible when entering the apartment. The first thing you heard was Jenna talking to the baby in the sweetest voice.

"Look at the camera! I want to show Mommy how cute you look," Jenna says while holding up her phone, snapping pictures of her.

You walk into the kitchen to see Jenna's back facing you while the baby was in her high chair. Both Jenna and baby y/n were wearing party hats.

You leaned against the wall, admiring Jenna interact so sweetly with the baby. She really is the perfect mother.

The baby flailed her arms in excitement and let out a squeal as Jenna put a party blower up to her lips and making the fun horn-like noise. Jenna began giggling in response. "You are so cute!"

Jenna adjusted the crooked party hat on baby y/n, the smile not fading from her face. "Let's take a selfie for Mommy," she said sweetly while switching the camera to front-facing.

While Jenna adjusted her position, held the phone up and started taking selfies. The baby noticed you leaning on the wall and she let out an excited squeal. She had a big smile that showed the few teeth that were in her mouth. She looked so much like Jenna.

You put your finger up to your lip to stay quiet - but she was a baby. Of course she didn't understand.

Jenna gasped playfully at baby y/n. "What? You love taking pictures?"

The baby squealed again and reached her arms out towards you across the room causing Jenna to turn and see you.

Jenna startled for a moment but it quickly resolved as she had a huge smile on her face. "Baby, you're home!" She scooped up the baby and brought her to you.

You held her from under her arms and swooped her in the air, it was her favorite. "How is my beautiful girl already 1?" You asked while she giggled uncontrollably. You brought her back down and kissed her cheek, adjusting your hold on her to be holding her with one arm.

You used your free arm and pulled Jenna into a side hug, rubbing her back. She leaned into you with a warm grin, she reached and stroked the baby's cheek with her finger. The two of you soaked in the moment - feeling happier than you ever thought you could be.

After a few moments, Jenna pulled away and grabbed a party hat and slipped the elastic under your chin. You bounced the baby on your hip.

"Someone has some cake to eat and presents to open!" You said and she cooed back to you.

You set her back down into the high chair and prepped her birthday cake by placing a "1" candle on it and lighting it.

You and Jenna both sang "Happy Birthday" to her, her eyes glowing as she stared at the light of the candle.

Jenna blew out the candle for her and set the cake down, allowing her to get herself messy with it.

Jenna pulled you into another hug as you watched baby y/n smash the cake with her hands.

"I love you both so much," she whispered.

"We love you too," you responded, kissing the crown of her head.

The rest of your night was spent celebrating baby y/n for as long as you two could.

Moments like these, you wish would never end. But you and Jenna had a lifetime of them ahead of you.

-end