nightmare - j.o

nightmare - j.o

tw: mentions of miscarriage, blood

-

Just barely awake, you feel the lightness of the space next to you where Jenna usually sleeps. Using your hand, you pat around the empty sheets to see if she had moved closer to the edge. Once you confirmed she wasn't there, you sat up rubbing your eyes.

Light flooded from underneath the crack of the bathroom door indicating she was in there. Ever since Jenna's fertility treatment worked and she got pregnant, she had to go to the bathroom at least 3 times each night.

You leaned back and sank against the pillow, keeping yourself awake until she comes back.

A few minutes had passed, and concern began entering your mind. You didn't want to interrupt her so you were going to give it a couple more minutes before checking in on her; that was until you heard a small cry come from the bathroom.

Pulling the heavy comforter off of your body, you slid out of bed and padded over to the door quickly. With a gentle knock on the door, you spoke quietly. "Jens, everything okay in there?"

"Leave me alone," she said sternly, sniffling afterward.

"Jenna," you said, matching her tone and then quickly softening it. "Babe, what's wrong?"

The sound of Jenna's footsteps on the bathroom tile approached the door. The lock clicked, and she pulled the door back slowly, the light illuminating her small stature.

She stood still in her pajama shorts and oversized sweatshirt. Her cheeks were wet with tears, she looked up at you in a way that showed heartbreak but also anger.

Your heart sinks, having an idea of what is going on. You swallowed hard before speaking. "W-What is going on, love?"

Jenna stared up at you with a hardened glare. Her jaw tensed. "Look yourself," she said flatly, taking a step to the side.

Your suspicions came true when you saw the blood that was present in the toilet. You quickly pulled your glance away from it and looked down at the floor, taking a few deep breaths, your eyes stinging with tears. "No," you whispered in disbelief. "No."

Jenna took a step forward towards you, making your glance fall on her. She continued to look at you with a cold stare.

"It's all your fault," she muttered quietly, wiping a tear that fell.

You paused for a moment, taken aback by her statement. "W-What?"

"I said, it's all. your. fault."

Your stomach twisted in a knot, you shook your head a few times. You could feel her stare sending shivers down your spine.

While you were at a loss for words, she continued. "If I never got pregnant, I wouldn't be going through this. But you wanted this! And now I have to suffer through it!"

"I-I thought," you gulped, holding back cries. "I thought we both wanted this..."

"I don't know what I want anymore, y/n. I don't even know if I want you anymore."

Your body instantly felt weak to the weight Jenna was dropping on you. Tears were now a constant stream present on your cheeks.

Jenna was just acting out, right? You thought to yourself. You both were hurt. You reached your arms out to pull her in to try and provide comfort.

Her hands hit your chest to refrain you from pulling you in any closer. "Fuck you," she seethed. She pushed you back and exited the bathroom.

-

You awake in darkness, drenched in sweat from the heavy blanket that was covering your body. Your heart was beating so heavily, you thought it was going to burst out of your chest.

With a few deep breaths, you're able to calm yourself down and become aware of your surroundings.

You look next to you and see the small curled-up figure of Jenna, her slow breathing indicating she was still sound asleep.

You wrapped your arm gently around Jenna, rubbing your hand over her stomach. Relief flooded over you when you felt her baby bump and everything that just transpired was a dream, a very bad dream.

Jenna stirred to your touch and rolled towards you. She looked at you through her lidded eyes, a small yawn escaping her mouth.

"Everything alright, love?" She asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

"It is now," you grinned.

She matched your smile and pulled your face into her chest, quickly settling herself back into a comfortable position.

Jenna made a small noise that was toned with happiness. She gave you a small squeeze before you both drifted back into a peaceful slumber.

-end

a/n: hiii I'm back from vaca! hope everyone is enjoying their summer <3