chef's kiss - j.o

chef's kiss - j.o

in which she can't actually cook

-

Slinging your bag over your shoulder, you made your way to your apartment door. You just finished an overtime shift at work for some extra cash.

As you approached the door you were met with a familiar scent of your favorite dish, chicken parmesan.... and burning?

You unlocked the door and silently swung it open to find your girlfriend, Jenna, slaving over the hot stove. The kitchen is covered in a grey foggy haze from smoke.

"Ugh!" Jenna groaned, clearly frustrated with her cooking. You decided to stand silently against the doorframe and watch the show. She was so adorable when she was annoyed.

She moved a pan from the burner to the other side, smoke coming from the pan - she burnt the sauce. Jenna wiped beads of sweat from her forehead, feeling relief as the fumes of smoke stopped erupting from the pan.

Just when she thought the stress was over, the oven started beeping. She grabbed an oven mitt and opened the oven, only for it to spill out more smoke when she opened the door.

"No!" She whined, pulling out a pan of burnt chicken from the oven. She set it on the counter with a frown bearing on her face.

You couldn't help but giggle, admiring her failed attempt at making you a good meal.

She was then met with the fire alarm blaring from the stagnate smoke that sat in the kitchen. You couldn't watch her struggle anymore, you figured she's suffered enough stress with this dish.

You walked into the apartment with some speed in your step. You nudged her out of the way gently, still making her jump at your unknown presence.

You used a towel and started waving it in the air in front of the fire alarm to get it to stop ringing.

"Open the windows," you shouted calmly over the loud alarm. Jenna did so and within a few seconds, the ringing ceased.

Jenna had a disappointed look on her face and you met her expression with a large grin.

"Whose great idea was it to have you cooking in the kitchen?" You teased at her.

Jenna pouted her bottom lip, looking at the cremated remains of her dish in embarrassment.

"I just wanted to do something nice for you. Since you've been working so hard." She kept a frown on her face, making it clear she was truly upset about the results.

"Oh darling," you wrapped one of your arms around her small stature, pulling her into your chest. "You are the sweetest thing ever." You rubbed your hand up and down her back to comfort her, leaving a kiss on the crown of her head.

"Let's see, we might still be able to save it. It can't be that bad," you said optimistically. You released the small girl from your hug.

"I don't know," she muttered quietly, already knowing the food was far too gone. 

You inspected the food to find that it really was that bad. The chicken breasts were blackened, and the sauce had chunks of charred tomato in it. The only thing she didn't mess up was the pasta and that's because it was still in the box waiting to be cooked.

You swallowed hard before looking back at Jenna. You pursed your lips and gave her an empathetic smile.

She chuckled softly with a sheepish grin on her face. Her freckled cheeks were blushed a light pink, she knew exactly what you were going to say.

"On second thought, let's order takeout."

"Good idea."

-end

a/n: enjoy this part's picture. i was in a silly goofy mood.