traitor - j.o

traitor - j.o

-

Curled up on the couch, you sit relaxed with your feline companion, Squiggy, in your lap. Soft purrs are heard while you pet him. Yawning, you look at the time, realizing it's pretty late. Jenna went to a script reading for season 2 of "Wednesday" with a small after-party at Georgie's place.

Just as you were nodding off to sleep, there was a thud at the door, followed by a groan of a familiar voice.

Her voice instantly brings a smile to your face. You gently move the cat and head over to the door, knowing Jenna probably has had too much to drink. As you approached the door, it swung open. Jenna drunkenly stumbled in through the doorway.

You chuckle and catch her, gently lift one of her arms around your shoulders to support her, and close the door behind you. Jenna lets out a giggle and you can smell the liquor that tainted her breath.

"Jesus, Jens. How much did you have to drink tonight?" A smile on your face as you led her to your room to get her settled into bed.

"Just a fewww," she slurred.

You chuckled, shaking your head. "And how many is a few?"

"I dunno, maybeeee, 8?"

You shake your head laughing, sitting her down gently on the made bed. "You'll regret that tomorrow, love."

Adjusting her onto the bed, you leaned her back gently into the pillows and she let out another groan.

"I miss my girlfriend," she pouted.

You chuckled, sitting on the bed next to her and putting a throw blanket over her lap. "Oh yeah?"

"Do you want to see her?" She questioned. Before you could answer she was already reaching for her phone to show you.

You giggled quietly and nodded, wondering which picture of you she'd pick. "I'd love to see her."

"She's the most beautiful girl. She's perfect and I love her," she said drunkenly while turning her phone screen towards you.

You smiled wider hearing her words until you saw which picture she pulled up. Your smile instantly disappears and your expression goes cold.

The picture wasn't of you. It was a picture of Emma.

You swallowed hard, taking a deep breath before speaking. "... That- that's your girlfriend?"

Jenna smiled wider, turning the phone back to her and admiring the photo. "Mhmm! I'm going to marry her."

Tears formed in your eyes and you quickly blinked them away. "That's great, Jenna." You spoke quietly without emotion.

"Mm," she hummed, getting herself cozy into bed.

You waited until she fell asleep to move to sleep alone, heartbroken, on the couch.

-

The next morning, you woke up early and began packing your things. Your suitcase was all packed, the only thing you needed was your cat.

After getting your cat into his carrier, you heard the footsteps behind you. "Fuck," you thought to yourself. You had thought somehow you'd be able to leave without having to confront her.

"Baby? Does Squiggy have a vet appointment today?" Jenna asked, then quickly realized the suitcase behind you, her expression turning into worry.

"What's all this?" She asks concerned, taking a few steps and reaching her hand out to touch your shoulder.

Instinctually, you took a step back, avoiding her touch. "Don't."

Jenna furrows her eyebrows. "Y/n... What's going on?"

"Don't act innocent, Jenna. I know what you did." Somehow, after all of your crying, your eyes began producing more tears.

She stood still, her expression confused. She looks up at you with widened brown eyes, tears forming in them, not understanding.

"Emma, Jenna. Emma."

Once she heard Emma's name her face turned instantly pale.

"Y-Y/n," she stuttered. "I don't know where you could possibly get that impression.." She lies through her teeth.

"Oh, you don't? You showed me the evidence yourself," you snarked.

Jenna was stunned in place, realizing she had been caught and snitched on herself last night. She doesn't say anything and looks down at the floor with a frown.

"Yeah, exactly. Goodbye, Jenna."

You grab your suitcase and cat, leaving swiftly out the door and closing it behind you. For just a second, you hoped that she would come running after you, begging for forgiveness and that she'd never do it again.

But she never did.

-end

a/n: angsty.

inspired by a mini imagine i saw somewhere on tiktok.