date - w.a

date - w.a

-

"It is not a date, Enid." Wednesday snapped as her bubbly roommate kicked her feet off the edge of the bed.

"Oh, come on, Wednesday." Enid sighed quietly, tapping her index finger on her chin before sliding off the bed and going over to Wednesday's side of the room.

Enid gently used her shoulder to nudge Wednesday out of the doorway of her closet. "You are not wearing that."

Enid quickly grabbed the black and white striped shirt along with a black jacket to go over it from her closet.

"Here," she said while practically shoving the clothes into Wednesday's arms. "And wear your platform shoes, y/n likes those."

Wednesday's dark eyes widened as she looked at Enid. "Wait, did she say that?" She quickly asked, her face flushing slightly.

Enid smirked at Wednesday's reaction and shrugged her shoulders. "Why would you care? I thought this wasn't a date?" She asked sarcastically.

Wednesday narrowed her eyes at Enid in annoyance before going to change into the outfit Enid knew you'd love.

-

You stood at Wednesday's door, pacing quietly before getting the courage to knock on the door. Using two knuckles, you knocked lightly at the door, hoping she heard it.

Wednesday's neck snapped at the door once she heard the light tapping. Her eyes quickly glanced at Enid, an unsettled feeling arising in her stomach.

"Go answer it!" Enid whispered, using her hands to direct Wednesday towards the door.

Wednesday wiped her hands off her pants and adjusted her jacket.

Another whisper came from Enid's side of the room. "Go!"

You could feel your heartbeat pounding at your fingertips once you heard the echoes of Wednesday's steps approaching the door.

The door creaked open, revealing Wednesday dressed in all black along with your favorite platform shoes. Your heart thudded against your ribcage.

"Hello," Wednesday said flatly, looking up at you. Her glance quickly fell onto the potted flower you held in your hands.

You smiled small, holding out the flower towards her. "For you," you said, biting down on your lip. You were unsure how Wednesday would react to receiving a gift.

Wednesday's gaze softened and she took the flower from your hands. "A black dahlia... One of my favorites."

"I know," you said with a larger smile.

Wednesday went and placed the flower next to her typewriter. Once she did that, you knew she approved of your gift. She wouldn't let anything she didn't like anywhere near her beloved typewriter. "Thank you," she muttered.

She turned back to you and the grin stayed on your face. "Ready to go?"

She nodded once before stepping through the door.

"Have fun on your date!" You heard Enid squeal as Wednesday pulled the door closed.

-

You knew Wednesday wouldn't enjoy the typical restaurant date with a movie afterward, so you've decided to take a step out of your comfort zone.

Wednesday kept making guesses as you drove to the mystery destination. A few turns and the scenarios began to look familiar.