teacher's assistant - c.s

teacher assistant - c.s
listen to: ivy by taylor swift
-

You sat at the teachers desk waiting for students to come after-hours for extra help. This was part of your internship requirements for your college course.

It was Friday. No one wants to stay after on a Friday. You kicked your feet up on the desk, not expecting any company, scrolling mindlessly on the video app that sometimes consumed your life.

You were focused on the small screen until you heard your laptop ping, alerting that you had a new email.

Kicking your feet off the desk, you sit up straight and pull the chair closer to the desk.

The subject of the email reads "Tutoring Request". A rush of heat swept over you when you saw who the sender was. You hovered your mouse over the email and opened it.

From: cairosweet@tn.edu
Tutoring Session
"Hi Miss y/n,

I was wondering if you had any room for a tutoring session? I am very interested. I look forward to hearing from you,

Truly yours,
Cairo"

Cairo is undoubtedly the best student in the class. She's never shown uncertainty in her work and has a perfect grade.

There was something about the way you'd catch her gaze while teaching and the smirk that would appear on her face when she noticed the light blush in your cheeks. She was captivating, in her own southern charm ways. There is no way she needed help. At least not academically.

You quickly typed up your response.

"Cairo,

Lovely to hear from you. Please let me know when you are looking to schedule a tutoring lesson.

Best,
Y/n"

You sent the email unnoticing that your hands are shaking from the rush this girl gives you. Just before you settled back down in your chair, Cairo had already responded.

From: cairosweet@tn.edu
Re: Tutoring Session
"Would it be such a bother to make room for me today? I would love to get your approval on my final assignment.

I'm also off-campus, but would enjoy your company over at mine.

I understand this is such short notice... but I could really use your help.

Truly yours,
Cairo"

Another email followed up just as soon as you finished that one with her address.

-

And then here you are, shifting your car into park in Cairo Sweet's driveway. You let out a small sigh of uneasiness before getting out of the car.

Before your knuckles reached the door, Cairo opened the door with a warm smile. "Y/n, thank you for comin'"Her warm southern drawl makes you flush.

She invites you inside and brings you to her living room, the house is silent, there's no one else home. Just you and her.

You sit on the couch and she sits down beside you, causing the cushion to sink slightly next to you. Cairo wears a mini skirt with tall stockings. Her wavy brown hair lays perfectly on either shoulder. You feel her gaze piercing into you, causing you to catch hers.

She's looking at you with her brown doe eyes you could get lost in for hours, her sharp winged eyeliner making her stare look more intense. God, she was the epitome of beauty. Her cheeks began to glow when her lips curl into a smile when she noticed you getting nervous around her.

"So," you broke the silence. "Your final assignment?"

"Oh, yes," she says as if she forgot that was the reason you were there. She reaches for the folder that sat on the coffee table in front of you. She pulls out a paper and almost hesitates to hand it to you. She bites down on her lip to suppress her mischievous grin and hands you the paper.

The assignment was freestyle, Cairo was able to write whatever she wanted.

You briefly down at the paper and noticed the stanzas, recognizing she wrote a poem.

Ivy by Cairo Sweet

"How's one to know?
I'd meet you where the spirit meets the bones
In a faith forgotten land

In from the snow
Your touch brought forth an incandescent glow
Tarnished but so grand

And the old widow goes to the stone every day
But I don't, I just sit here and wait
Grieving for the living

Oh, goddamn
My pain fits in the palm of your freezing hand
Taking mine, but it's been promised to another

Oh, I can't
Stop you putting roots in my dreamland
My house of stone, your ivy grows

And now I'm covered in you"

You read the poem twice, astonished how Cairo can write something that resonated with you so perfectly.

"Wow," was all you could get out.

"You didn't like it?" Cairo questioned, scooting a bit closer to you, the scent of her hair product wafting up your nostrils.

"Cairo- This is seriously, one of the best poems I have ever read. What inspired it, if you don't mind me asking?"

Cairo shifted on her cushion, putting one leg over the other. "Honestly?"

You turned back, catching her gaze, unsure what was about to come from her mouth.

"You," She said unbothered with honesty. Your heart pounded in your chest. "And I know,-"she paused, inching a bit closer to you. "That when you read it," her voice grew quieter with each pause. "You thought of me."

You swallowed hard. She could read you like a book. She raised her palm and placed it gently with care on your cheek, using her thumb to leave gentle strokes on your face. You glanced down at her lips momentarily, wanting nothing more.

Cairo leaned in and in turn you pulled away.

"Cairo,"you said breathlessly. "We can't."

Cairo ignored your worry. "I like when you say my name," her gentle drawl slightly above a whisper. She brings her small body to sit on your lap.

"Cairo," you repeat.

"Shh, don't worry," her pupils are now blown wide with lust. "You're not my actual teacher... I'm eighteen, you're twenty..." She reassured.

And just like that, you two were sharing the kiss that was long overdue, the kiss that released your intense desires for each other. Your arms wrapped around each other flawlessly.

The longer you two shared your kiss, the more her ivy grew, and now you were covered in her.

-end