lifeguard - v.c

lifeguard - v.c

-

As your shift of being a lifeguard at the local pool drew to a close, you turned to watch the families exit and you caught a glimpse of your girlfriend, Vada, walking in. You bit the inside of your cheek to hide your smile but it was too obvious.

The petite girl approached your tall chair, a small giggle escaping your lips. "This chair makes you seem a lot shorter than you already are," you joked while climbing down.

"Hey," she said teasingly, crossing her arms over her chest.

You leaned in and planted a kiss on her cheek. The touch of your lips caused a rosy blush to spread across her cheekbones. In an attempt to hide it, she turned towards the pool.

With a grin, your eyes followed her gaze. "What? You wanna go swimming?"

Vada's eyes widened, she looked over at you silently.

"What? No one's here, what could go wrong?"

"I don't have a change of clothes," she used as an excuse.

"What kind of excuse is that? Home is right around the corner," you smirked. Quickly, you scooped her up in your arms and jumped off the edge of the pool with her in your arms.

There was a loud rushing sound of the water as you broke the surface. Within a few seconds, you resurfaced, wiping your eyes and looking around.

Almost instantly, you noticed Vada didn't come back up.

"V?" You called out as the ripples in the pool slowed.

Vada came to the surface abruptly, a loud gasp erupting from her mouth before she went down below the water again.

With adrenaline coursing through your veins, you dived down underneath the water. Wrapping your arm tightly around her wiggling torso, you brought yourselves up to the surface.

Vada held her arms and legs around you tightly like a koala bear.

"My God, Vada. Are you okay?" You asked with concern.

After she sucked in a few gasps of air, she nodded. "I was just testing your lifeguard skills," she said jokingly, followed by a few hoarse coughs.

"That didn't seem like an act, Vada," you reprimanded. "Have you never learned to swim?"

She shook her head and scoffed. "What? Obviously, I can swim, y/n," she replied somewhat defensively. "Like I said, I was just making sure you could do your job," her voice trailed.

"Really?" You questioned. "Then show me," you said while releasing your arm from her torso.

You felt her nails dig deeply into her shoulder as she clung on tighter. "No!"

Exactly what you thought, Vada didn't know how to swim.

You quickly wrapped your arm back around her, holding her close. "I gotcha," you reassured, swimming to the ladder and assisting Vada out.

After getting her out, you followed and grabbed the towel hanging off of the lifeguard chair and wrapped it around her shoulders.

She avoided eye contact with you as if she were embarrassed.

"Vads," you said calmly, pulling her into you, your hair dripping water down onto her. Remorse flooded over you. "I'm sorry."

She peered up at you with her dark brown eyes and one corner of her lips drew into a smile. "At least I had a trained lifeguard to save me."

A relieved sigh escaped your mouth and your shoulders relaxed. "Let's get you home," you said, ushering her towards the gate.

Before opening the gate she looked over her shoulder at you. "Maybe you could give me some swimming lessons," she winked.

You rolled your eyes playfully. "I am never letting you near an open body of water again."

-end

a/n: just a short little imagine while i get back into writing! i miss you guys.