tolerate it - w.a

tolerate it - w.a

listen to: tolerate it by taylor swift

-

You've been dating the elusive Wednesday Addams for 8 months now. You could still barely believe it - the girl never showed an ounce of emotion for anyone.

The day her walls finally came crumbling down for you was the best day of your entire life. To make someone who was so vulnerable feel so safe - meant everything.

You two knew each other inside and out. Your deepest and darkest secrets, fears, hopes for the future...

You were extremely respectful of Wednesday's boundaries. She wasn't one to always want physical attention and would only seek it out on her occasion. Which happened surprisingly often for the first few months of your relationship. That was until something changed.

She no longer seeked you out for physical comfort. You didn't mind that. You knew she wasn't the type going into this relationship.

But you never expected her to just act like you weren't there at all.

She was busy with classes, writing her novel, and searching for something called the "Hyde". She didn't want you involved in that, "It's not safe for you," she'd say.

During these times, you tried to just get her pulled away even for a few minutes.

You'd wait by the door anxiously like you were a little girl, always waiting for her to get back to her room. Your face would light up when she'd enter. You'd ask about her day but she didn't bother to share. "I'm exhausted, y/n. Don't really want to talk."

You waited up to eat dinner once, just to surprise her with a homemade meal with candle lights in the dorm, she walked right past and sat at her desk. "Yeah, I'll get to it after." She'd say. You ate alone that night.

Being an art major at school, meant she was your muse. For your midterm assignment you created a charcoal portrait of Wednesday playing her cello, along with Thing sitting on her shoulder. You received a perfect score from your professor and once you were allowed to take it home, you showed her. She silently looked at it while you held it, anxiously waiting for a response. But there was none. She went back silently to placing evidence on her pin board.

You were tired. Exhausted even. Today you were confronting her. Like usual, you waited in her dorm where Enid listened to her pop music while painting her nails with Thing. You couldn't help but crack a smile when Thing would a little dance to the music.

You prefaced Enid with the conversation that was going to take place so she wasn't caught off guard.

Wednesday came back into the room with her backpack slung over her shoulder. She didn't acknowledge you or Enid, instead she threw her bag down on the bed and sat at the desk. The clicking of her typewriter was the only noise in the room.

Approaching her side you sighed. You had a feeling of how this was going to go.

"Wednesday," you said.

"I'm writing my novel, y/n," she replied dryly, her eyes not even turning to your direction.

"That's great," you say. "But I need to talk to you."

Wednesday kept typing, but made a humming noise to let you know she was listening. Semi-listening at least.

"I just- I need more from you Wednesday. You are out there, building what seems like other words without me." Your eyes began to well with tears, your hands were clenched at your sides. But you had to keep going. "I-I made you my whole entire world Wednesday, and you don't even look in my direction."

Wednesday paused typing for one moment but then the clicking began again.

"I'm begging Wednesday, to just show me that I have this all wrong. Even just by telling me I have it all wrong will help. I just feel unwanted- that I'm taking up too much space in here or taking too much of your time."

Wednesday kept typing and it enraged you.

"Say something, Weds," you pleaded. "Anything."

Her typing came to a halt and she looked at you with her darkened eyes.

"I told you I was not friend material, let alone more than friend material y/n." Her stature was tense. "I told you I would ignore you, stomp on your heart, and put my needs and interests first. You didn't believe me. It's your fault."

You felt weak. You were trembling at this point. Enid was watching closely from her bed.

"If something doesn't change Wednesday," you choked. "I'm leaving."

You hoped dearly that she would disagree.

"Fine. Suit yourself," she replied. "The ringing you caused in my ears was starting to get annoying anyways."

At this point you had tears streaming down your face, you sucked in a shaky breath to speak but you felt a warm hand on your shoulder.

Enid stood by your side, her hand gripping your shoulder. She looked at you with an empathetic expression, telling you "that's enough, it's not worth it" with her eyes.

You nodded at her and wiped your eyes. That's when you left the room and had no plans on returning.

A love like yours should be celebrated, but all Wednesday did was tolerate it.

a/n: uhhh. yea i did another angst. maybe i'll make it up to yall