anniversary - j.o

anniversary - j.o

-

The sun beamed warmth on your skin and a gentle breeze tousled your hair. Wind chimes rang quietly in the distance. The most perfect day. You closed your eyes, soaking it all in.

You heard the quiet crunching of the grass and fallen leaves in the distance. You turn around to see your beautiful girlfriend, Jenna, approaching with a bouquet of daisies.

Your smile grew as the girl came closer. The sun illuminated her large brown eyes and you noticed a twinkle in them.

When Jenna didn't match your smile, you learned that the twinkle in her eyes were actually tears.

"Jenna?" You questioned, your voice echoing around you.

Jenna sniffled, wiping a tear that trailed down her cheek. She gripped the flower stems tighter.

"I got you your favorite flowers," her sad, quiet voice also echoed. She looked down at her feet before looking back up slightly. "Happy Anniversary, my love."

You furrowed your eyebrows, confused. Why would she be sad?

She held the flowers out, which you tried to grab but they went right through you.

Jenna knelt down, placing the flowers on your grave. Her tears now falling at a faster rate.

"I miss you so much," Jenna's voice cracked and she began to weep. Her crying sent a ringing through your ears until eventually, everything drew silent.

-end