cold - w.a

cold - w.a

-

You sit on Wednesday's bed with Thing, flipping through a fashion magazine together. He points to a few looks that he likes for you. You can't lie, he has pretty good taste.

Wednesday stands at the board in the corner of her side of the room. Pinning and marking clues that will eventually lead her to solve the mystery of the Hyde. You steal a few glances at her in her element, your heart thudding in your chest as you admire her from afar.

She doesn't know you have grown feelings for her and you don't know that she has some sort of affection towards you as well. Thing is great at keeping secrets.

A few minutes pass and you hear the shuffling of Wednesday gathering her things, causing you to sit up straight.

"Where are you going?" You questioned.

"To camp out where I think the Hyde may be staying, you can go back to your room now," she replied flatly, opening her bag, and setting it down open on the bed to allow Thing to climb inside.

She turned on her heels and headed towards the door.

"Wait, I'm coming too!" You said, quickly sliding on your shoes.

Wednesday's stature stiffened, and she peered over her shoulder with widened irises. "No. You're not coming."

You shrugged off her denial, you were used to her being stubborn anyhow. You finished tying your shoes and stood behind her.

"Ready!"

An annoyed sigh escaped from Wednesday's lips. "Fine," she obliged. "But you must stay quiet." She paused. "And stay by me the whole time."

That should be easy to do. "Mhm," you replied, following her lead out of the room.

-

It felt like it took forever for you to reach the destination and tiredness was already beginning to consume you.

You leaned against the tree, watching Wednesday use binoculars to stare at the cave that sat about 500 feet in front of you.

Thing held a small flashlight while Wednesday took notes in a small notepad on everything she saw.

"Did you even see anything?"

Wednesday's neck snapped in your direction, glaring at you intensely. She spoke just slightly above a whisper. "Quiet."

You nodded, listening to her direction. You slid down the side of the tree, the leaves beneath you crunching as you got into a more comfortable position.

About a half hour had passed, you had been watching Wednesday the whole time. It was getting cold. You curled up, holding your knees to your chest to keep warmth. You rested your chin on top of your knees, closing your eyes. You felt yourself shiver every once in a while.

Thing took notice and tapped Wednesday on the shoulder.

She looked over at him sitting on her shoulder and he pointed towards you. She turned from him to glance over at you with her large eyes, pupils dilated from the darkness. Her gaze softened when she saw you. Your eyes were still closed, she assumed you were asleep.

"She fell asleep, so what?" Wednesday whispered to Thing while keeping her gaze set on you. She attempted to keep a cold exterior, yet she was melting due to the heat that flooded her cheeks.

Thing snapped his fingers to pull her away from the gaze she had on you. She looked over at him and tensed her jaw in attempt to cover up the vulnerable state she was just in. Thing ignored her efforts and pulled on the shoulder of Wednesday's jacket. He then pointed back over to you.

Wednesday got the hint and sighed quietly. "She should have brought her own," she complained, yet she slid the jacket off of her shoulders without hesitation.

She tip-toed quietly, being sure to not disrupt you from your "sleep". Avoiding leaves and sticks, she finally made it over to you, kneeling down in the dirt.

She opened her jacket and draped it over you with ease, the warmth from her body lingered on it as she wrapped it around you. The scent of her rose up from the jacket, it took everything in you to not start smiling.

Wednesday kept her gaze on you. She raised her hand and gently caressed your cheek, running her thumb down your jawline before she pressed a gentle kiss to the top of your forehead.

She stood back up slowly and walked back to her post silently. Thing motioned excitedly at Wednesday, causing her to roll her eyes. "You weren't supposed to see that." She gave him a sharp glare. "Tell no one. Unless you want to be murdered in your sleep."

A smile pulled at your lips and you peeked open one eye, glancing over at the two of them. Thing gave you a thumbs up once Wednesday wasn't looking.

You tightened Wednesday's jacket around you, nuzzling your face into it. Though it may have seemed like a small gesture, you knew Wednesday had never shown anyone affection like that. Ever.

You could feel your heart bursting at the seams, replaying the moment over and over again in your head until you fell asleep.

-end

a/n: thing is a great wingman fr.