heartache pt.2 - j.o

heartache pt. 2 - j.o

-

After that night of seeing Jenna's instagram post, you had to block her. It took every ounce of strength to hit that button but you just could not get her out of your head.

--

It was a long week, you laid back on the couch and put on a movie. Unexpectedly, you let yourself fall asleep on the couch.

After a few hours, you stirred to the familiar sound of light knocking at the door. Fluttering your eyes open, you looked around to get your surroundings, quickly remembering you fell asleep on the couch.

You settled yourself back into a comfortable position, thinking that those familiar knocks were just your mind playing tricks on you again.

That was until you heard it again. The knocks were then followed by the noise of a baby fussing and a quiet "Shhh.." from outside the door.

You got up quickly from the couch, tossing the blanket off of you onto the back of the couch. Not even bothering to look through the peep hole, you opened the door to see Jenna standing at your door holding her daughter at her hip. She bounced her up and down to try to sooth her.

When she heard the noise of the door opening she looked up at you. Her eyes were blood shot and she had a large dark red bruise on her eye that spread down to her cheek.

Without saying a word, you ushered her in by putting your hand behind her shoulder and giving her a gentle nudge.

You clicked the lock back into place behind you and Jenna just let out a cry, making her daughter begin wailing.

You used your finger and thumb to lift up Jenna's chin to inspect her injury closer. "Jen, what the fuck happened?" You rubbed your thumb gently over the bruise making her wince in response.

She tried to gather herself and sniffled. "I fell down the stairs," she lied. She rubbed the baby's back to try and calm her down.

You rolled your eyes at her sad attempt of lying. "Liar. Where is he?"

Her eyes widened slightly when she realized you put the pieces together. "He's gone, don't bother looking for him. Please."

The baby screamed louder and you could tell Jenna was overwhelmed. She sat down with her on the couch gently and began rocking her. "Please... stop crying," she whispered, a tear rolling down her cheek.

It was heart crushing to see Jenna so overwhelmed, stressed, sad... the list could go on. The longer you stared at her the more you noticed the dark circles under her eyes and her weight loss.

You followed her to the couch and rubbed her back gently as you sat down next to her, your legs touching each other.

"Here," you whispered while holding out your arms, offering to take the baby from her. She looked into your eyes almost as if she was asking if it was okay. You nodded at her and she set her in your arms.

Very quickly, the baby calmed right down and fell asleep in your arms. You used your fingers and brushed them over the baby's head lightly.

Jenna grinned when she saw little y/n settle down into your arms. "She never settles down that fast," she said quietly. "Thank you..." She sighed and put her face in her palms.

"Go shower and change into some of my clothes, okay? I'll take care of her," you said.

Jenna lifted her hands from her palms and frowned slightly. "Are you sure? I'll be fine I-"

"I'm sure," you reiterated. "I'll come get you if I need to."

Jenna's shoulders relaxed, she gave you a smile before getting up from the couch. She seemed happy to finally have a moment to herself to just do a simple task like taking a shower.

After 30 minutes Jenna came back from the shower with wet hair, wearing a pair of your sweatpants and a t-shirt that was clearly too big for her. She sat down back next to you and rested her arm on the back of the couch and her hand on her chin.

"Feel better?" You asked, baby y/n still sound asleep in your arms.

"Extremely," she said breathlessly. "Thank you." There was a pause of silence before she sighed. "Y/n, I'm so sorry for-"

You shook your head. "Jenna, I don't need an apology. You did what you thought was right and I supported you. Never stopped."

Jenna wiped away the tears that were starting to form and smiled at you. "You truly are the one I let get away."

She looked down at the baby and sighed quietly again. "I don't know what she's going to do without a dad."

You tried your best to not get frustrated by her comment. She was stressed and overtired. Her world probably just fell apart for who knows how many times now.

"Who needs a Dad when she has two Mom's right here?"

Jenna's eyes locked onto yours, her pupils were dilated and her eyes glistened with that same sparkle they once had. "Wait, really?"

"I mean, you did name her after me right? I think we're going to be best friends."

Baby y/n stirred and made a cooing noise and smiled.

Jenna giggled quietly. "Gosh, you two are going to be exactly alike."

Jenna rested her head on your shoulder. Feeling her touch again made everything right in the world. You both looked down at baby y/n, knowing you two had the rest of your lives together.

-end

a/n: for my fellow readers who we're upset with the ending in part 1. <3 and if you liked the angst just pretend this part didn't exist. i love u all sm