𝟲 - ❝𝘁𝗵𝗲 '𝗺𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿' 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻❞

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"WELCOME... MY DEAR DEMON SLAYERS.."

all attention turns to the man who had just walked in.

"good morning, everyone. it feels like a beautiful day. the sky is a perfect blue, isn't it? quite beautiful, i see. it makes me very happy we can have our twice-yearly hashira meeting without any members having changed."

you turn your head from tanjiro's box to the man in question.

and instantly it felt like your whole being had shattered.

standing carelessly in front of you was the godforsaken man you had grown to hate.

the progenitor of all demons, the demon king, the cause for all your suffering, muzan kibutsuji.

his appearance was the mostly the same. he bore the same curly black hair and striking red eyes, but the difference was, that one eye was covered in a familiar sickly purple scar.

you feel bile rising in your throat and rage coursing through your very being. pure, unbridled rage.

okaa-san, takeo, shigeru, rokuta, mitsuri-chan, iguro-san, muichiro-kun, rengoku-san, himejima-san, genya, shinobu-san, tamayo-san, oyakata-sama.. all of them.. all of them are dead because of kibutsuji muzan.. a man who is now the head of the demon slayer corps.. demon king, to head of demon slayer corps.. i can't..

your fists clench the skirt of your uniform so tightly your knuckles shook as they turned white.

the man who had caused you so much pain. so much suffering.

the man who had forced people into becoming demons for his own sick desires.

the man who frightened demons so badly that even the thought of him sent them mad.

the man who cursed demons so that if they even spoke his name they would explode and destroy themselves in a painful and torturous manner.

that same man was now standing in front of you. looking carefree and kind. like a regular human. the same man who had killed all those-

you pause, furrowing your eyebrows.

no...

you look to your knees, eyes shaky, eyebrows furrowed.

this man... while he is kibutsuji muzan... he is not the kibutsuji muzan i know. just like this gyutaro and daki are not the ones i know. these ones.. they're human. they're demon slayers. they don't know what they did in my world.. as much as i want to blame them.. blame them for everything they did to me, and my friend and family.. i can't. it's not their fault.