𝟯𝟮 - ❝𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴❞

this has taken me ages

❝𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘺, 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘯
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦

𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪'𝘮 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘨𝘰, 𝘪 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘪𝘵
𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦, 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘪𝘵
𝘰𝘩, 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘣𝘺𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨❞

- 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘫𝘰𝘦 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘳𝘺/𝘥𝘫𝘰

"I.. TOLD.. YOU!" ZENITSU SMACKS HIS FISTS ON THE ROOF OF THE BUILDING.

"there's a demon at my house, all right?!"

"well.." nezuko looks to the side, not quite sure of his words.

"i'm telling you! it was a thing like this" zenitsu flails his arms about, "you know, like this!" he makes some odd moves.

you and nezuko exchange an odd glance.

"uh, sure, yeah.." nezuko smiled slightly, very obviously not believing him.

you shrugged, "i dunno, i feel like i've sensed something, but it's very hard to pick up a trace on. if there is one, it must be strong" you lied, turning your face away as if to look for gyutaro and ume.

"hold up a second, okay?" nezuko smiled slightly at zenitsu, who looked annoyed.

"like this!" he wriggled his hands like a spider, "do you get this, then?!"

you sweat-dropped.

"gyutaro, ume and inosuke should be coming soon to check in, so-"

"it was like this, okay? it was clear to me!" zenitsu huffed.

you pat his shoulder, "i'm sure it was"

nezuko just nodded.

"inosuke is dead"

ume whacked her brother, hissing something about being too harsh.

zenitsu and nezuko flinched, you frowned.

way to be pessimistic..

this guy's got crazy skills..

nezuko frowned deeply,

what does he mean 'dead'? there's no way!

"what do you mean by that" her eyes narrowed.

"it was stupid of me to bring you all here, you're only dragging us down. inosuke is missing and has had no contact since last night"

"so he's missing not dead?" nezuko crossed her arms.

gyutaro rolled his eyes, "same thing in this world. i'm not wasting my time trying to look for some puny, weak little demon slayer. you all need to go home"

you stood up, eyebrows furrowed in annoyance, "don't call inosuke names. he's not puny or weak. just because you're a higher level than him doesn't give you the right to call him names. and let's not forget that he's douma's tsuguko and if you let him die he surely won't be happy" you countered, arms crossed.

ume snickered, "she got you there, big brother"

gyutaro grunted.

"whatever. regardless, you three are being sent home. i'll find you little friend and then he'll be sent home with you"

"no way! who do you think we are? we're not leaving" nezuko huffed.

gyutaro glared at her, "you're ranked too low for this. if this turns out to be an uppermoon, the.. three of you.." his eyes trailed on you, "will die in an instant. if you vanish from here, they'll assume your dad. we will be continuing this mission on our own"

without bothering to listen to nezuko's rebuttal, he and ume disappeared.

you sighed out, biting your inner lip.

"get back here, ugly!" zenitsu cried, you nudged him, "don't be mean!"

he huffed.

nezuko turned to you for guidance.

you smiled gently, "i know gyutaro told us to go home, but we're not leaving inosuke here on his own. he's still alive and we're going to rescue him. gyutaro and ume will help eventually"

nezuko smiled bright.

"besides, we're not even the lowest ranked anymore"

nezuko blinked owlishly, "huh, really?

you nod, "yup, watch"

you brought your fist up, "show me my rank"

you clenched your fist, a mark reading 'tsuchinoto' on your hand.

nezuko blinked owlishly, repeating the same steps. 'kanoe' appeared on her hand.

"you're a higher thank than me" she pointed out.

you nodded, "i've been on a few solo missions"

she nodded, fiddling her fingers as she stared down at them.

you smiled at the two, "we will find inosuke"

date posted ; 12/03/24