𝟮𝟰 - ❝𝗼𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗿𝘂𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀❞

❝𝘪'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘴𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘸𝘦𝘥𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘧é𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘦�...

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴
𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘯𝘥
𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘸𝘦𝘥𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘧é
𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯❞

― 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 (𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘭𝘰𝘳'𝘴 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯), 𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘭𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘸𝘪𝘧𝘵

YOU HAD BEEN SPENDING MOST OF YOUR TIME TALKING WITH HAKUJI AS HE HEALED, THE MAN FINALLY GROWING LESS COLD AND SLIGHTLY MORE OPEN.

you were persistent in talking to him, so eventually he gave up on trying to ignore you. you learned simple things, like his birthday, his favourite colour and food, what his hobbies were.

to say he was weirded out by you was a bit of an understatement.

he wasn't used to someone wanting to talk to him like you. well, except douma, but that doesn't count.

you would spend almost every day in his room, talking to him about the simple things. you  didn't prey when there were subjects he was sensitive about, you didn't force him to speak, only to listen, because nothing would shut your ass up.

of course, you still spent plenty of time with the others, specifically tanjiro and nezuko, but you made time for hakuji.

as you sit again now, talking to hakuji about some basic stuff, you grin happily.

you were glad to be talking to the man who originally came off as quite rude. and, of course, you were trying to get rid fo whatever grudge you had against the man's other persona.

and thankfully, it had basically all eased away. now that wasn't to say you didn't still hold a grudge against akaza. but this man wasn't akaza, this was hakuji. you felt guilty for blaming him for something he technically did not do, same as all the others.

well, except for gyokko at this point. you still hate him for tossing tanjiro around like a ball, so you felt no guilt for blaming him for injuring muichiro. the only minor thing you could thank him for was getting muichiro's memories back, but that didn't count because all he did was try and kill him.

so, overall, stuff gyokko.

michikatsu held a mixture of feelings with you.

he was uppermoon one in his past life and that was no small feat. not only that, but he carelessly murdered two of your best friends, muichiro and genya, both far too young to die. it was harder to separate michikatsu from kokushibo considering that he was somehow part demon. how that worked, you didn't know.