𝟭𝟮 - ❝𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗡❞

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

YOU FELT SLIGHTLY GLUM AMONGST YOUR RETURN TO THE KIBUTSUJI ESTATE.

you were disappointed in yourself for having not killed genya.

he's a demon now, not a human. so you should be able to do so without hesitation.

but it was extremely hard.

his face was the same, so your mind instantly drifted to him.

it would never be easy facing the people you once loved, now demonised and without memory of you.

you gulp softly as you step foot into the kibutsuji estate, daido sitting and sulking outside, still not very pleased with muzan.

you stroll through the large estate, reaching the shoji door that lead to muzan's small meeting room.

you knock gently.

a familiar voice calls you in.

you sigh out softly, sliding open the door, closing it behind you before seating on your legs on the plush cushion muzan had laid out.

you look down at your lap.

muzan smiles gently.

"i hope you know that i will never blame you, nor be annoyed at you, for hesitating when you see a familiar face and struggling to lift your katana to kill the demon. i understand how hard it must be to face people you once loved, now as demons" he smiles gently in understanding.

you purse your lips, "thank you, kibutsuji-san. though i cannot let it happen again. even though i recognise the demons, they will not recognise me. i was lucky that genya does not harm women, otherwise i would have surely been killed due to my lack of strong mindset"

muzan smiles softly, "whatever you feel is right. but please, do not blame yourself"

you just nod.

he smiles, nodding.

"thank you" you bow softly before rising to your feet and exiting.

you stroll back out the front doors of the ubuyashiki estate, making your way over to the ice estate, not exactly excited about seeing douma's face again.

though you were excited to see how nezuko, inosuke, and zenitsu were going with their rehabilitation training.

when you had left, nezuko was just beginning to learn total concentration breathing, constant. and if you had your event timings correct, the other two would quickly get jealous and follow short.

but really you were only gone for a day or so, so there won't have been that much progress.

but still, you feel your mood lighten at the thought of seeing them all again, along with tanjiro.