𝟭𝟭 - ❝⸮ɒʏᴎɘǫ❞

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

YOUR FIST TREMBLES IN A CLENCHED HEAP ON YOUR SIDE, NAILS DUG SO HARD INTO THE CALLOUSED SKIN OF YOUR HAND IT DREW BLOOD.

the demon's full attention was now on you, his sclera midnight black and his irises an angry amethyst purple.

his fangs were bared and veins protruded all around his pale face.

his black hair was shaved on either side, a long black mohawk running down from the top of his head down a bit past his shoulders, the tips fading into a lime green.

you gulp so thickly your throat contracted, lips opening and closing as you fail to get out your desired words.

the last you had seen of him.. he was announced dead. only days before you had been training with him with himejima, and all of a sudden his death, along with muichiro's, was announced. slayed by uppermoon 1.

the demon you knew once to be your friend snarls, "hahh? how the fuck do you know my name, pathetic human?"

you gulp again, taking deep breaths in as you try to calm your rapid beating heart.

"genya.." you murmur dryly.

he clicks his tongue, "i asked how you know my name, not my name, idiot"

your eyes then direct over to his own, yours contracting.

lowermoon.. one? genya.. he's lower mon one? why.. why did he become a demon?!

demonized genya smirks, "afraid, slayer?"

you narrow your glossy eyes, bending down and picking up your katana again.

"not one bit"

you couldn't act like this.

even though he looked like genya, and his name is genya, that's not genya. not your genya.

you are in a different universe now. a universe where everyone is swapped. so.. genya is a demon, and rui is a human.

you would have to come to terms with that, whether you liked it or not.

genya suddenly raises his eyebrows, "oh? what happened? all of a sudden... i can't even sense your presence. how.. strange" he hums, your glare hardens.

"well, you will be getting out safe today, girl" he clicks his tongue, arms crossed.

you raise an eyebrow.

"i do not eat nor fight women, so you best run off now before i change my mind" his eyes narrow.

you raise your eyebrows,

huh? genya doesn't eat women? just like.. akaza..

you purse your lips.

"but! before you go.. tell me your name, slayer"

you frown, sighing out deeply, "it's [name] kamado!"

he hums in interest, "is that so? well, kamado, i will have to find out as to how you knew my name.. but it could just be talk from other slayers! so run off now, i will not fight you"

you stumble back slightly as genya was now gone.

you stand frozen in your spot, blankly staring at where genya once used to be, lips parted.

you fall to your knees, head drooping.

i.. couldn't kill him. i just let him get away! i let my emotions take control and i let him go..

you clench your hands around the fabric of your skirt, gritting your teeth.

but you let out a deep breath,

i can't. i can't get angry at myself like this. emotions are normal.. genya used to be my friend, it's only natural i'd react like that. i just can't let it happen again. if all the hashira truly are now uppermoon.. if i react like that with them, they'll kill me with ease. i cannot let that happen. i am here for a reason, i can not let my existence here go to waste.

you rise to your feet, finding yourself lucky that nobody had heard the small commotion, all resting away in their houses.

and for now, they would continue to be lucky.

genya had fled, you could tell that much by his lack of aura left behind, but he wasn't the only demon in the world, so you could only pray for the safety of the small town.

"caw! return to the kibutsuji estate! meeting with the master! caw!"

sorry it's a bit short

TAISHO ERA SECRETS!

- word got out more than you would have liked about a slayer named [name] kamado

- genya found you very confusing. he would have to notify the master about you

- ume wishes to hang out with you one day, she thinks you're very pretty!

- michikatsu could barely stand to look at you. the scar on your forehead reminded him far too much of.. him.

words ; 631

date posted ; 5/02/23

©_behindyou_