𝟭𝟯 - ❝𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗡𝗘, 𝗙𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧!❞

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

YOU HAD BEEN GNAWING NERVOUSLY ON THE RIM OF SKIN AROUND YOUR NAILS THE PAST WEEK OR SO.

thoughts were swimming around your conflicted mind, all subject to one thing.

coming up in what would only be a few weeks, would be the mugen train mission.

the mission where kyojuro rengoku had been killed by uppermoon three. your heart churns at the remembrance of this day. the second time your heart had shattered.

but you had been thinking over and over.

how would it play out here?

since rengoku is not a hashira here, and likely an uppermoon, he won't be going on this mission.

but will he be the uppermoon that whatever hashira goes encounters?

will the hakuji soyama of this universe be the hashira that is sent there? will he be slaughtered, too?

but you doubt rengoku is upper three in this verse, since from what you could recall, he was in the lower strength rates of the hashira. so maybe whatever hashira is sent will have a higher chance.

but nezuko and potentially zenitsu would still have to receive their katanas, but that should only be in a few days time, considering the lot of them are fairly close to mastering total concentration breathing : constant.

but anyway, you hadn't much time to think about that right now, considering you were currently stood in front of zenitsu, fists posed in a fighting stance.

you had, fretfully, agreed to fight zenitsu. but you would be sure to leave him uninjured, considering the three would all nearly be done recovering and it would be an annoyance and setback for him if you injured him.

this was a surprisingly popular event, as multiple people from the ice estate were perched on the engawa, watching in anticipation.

these people consisted of nezuko and inosuke, rui, the small butterfly girls, aoi and kanao as well as douma, who seemed very intrigued with how this would play out.

he could tell just by looking at you that you were far stronger than zenitsu and inosuke, so you would no doubt win this battle, but he was still interested to see your movements and how well you fight.

he had seen glimpses at natagumo mountain, but nothing to really show for.

zenitsu huffs at you, haori discarded so he had nothing whatsoever possibly holding him back, determined to win this.