11.

𝘗 𝘐 𝘕 𝘒 𝘠

𝘗 𝘐 𝘕 𝘒 𝘠

Saturday

I packed all the flowers in the back of Andre's Voxy, that we'll be driving to the cemetery today.

I went back to my room so I could get ready. After putting my hair in a bun, I placed a shower cap on and searched for my phone to call back Kayla who was constantly checking to see if I'm okay.

"Wah yaa do?" She answered.

"Mi ago bathe," I told her.

"Okay when yuh get ready and a leave let me know," she said to me.

"Alright."

We hung up and went to take a bath. After bathing, I got dressed in a pink shirt, black jeans and pink and black shoes.

I pulled my braids down from the bun and sprayed on my perfume before deciding that I was ready.

Pink was her favorite color.

I placed my phone in my pocket and went to the kitchen for the broom. When I found the broom, I leaned it over on the back seat of the car.

I stood by the car until my brothers came from the inside the house.

"Ready sis?"

"Yeah," I replied going into the car.

The drive to the cemetery was not very long. When the car stopped and I came out, I spotted her grave immediately.

Pink and white tiles, with grills around it.

"Set good nuh," I told Dante who was in my way when I going to fetch the broom from the back seat.

"Andre yaav the key?" I asked him, because the grill around our mom's grave had a lock on it.

"Yeah see it yah," he held them out to me.

I took the keys and pulled the lock, when it was open, I used the broom to sweep all the dirt, stones and grass from atop her grave.

Andre and Danté chopped and weeded the all the grass that grew around it, then I had to sweep again because it got dirty again.

"Gwaan fi di flowers dem," I told them both.

When they brought the flowers from the car, I placed them on her grave and around the grave, inside the grills.

"Mi miss her enuh," Andre said.

"Me too," I leaned on his shoulder.

"Time fi yuh turn her into a grandmother," Dante said to Andre and we all began to laugh.

Never a dull moment around him.

***
When we got back home, I immediately called Kayla, because I forgot to do so when I was leaving out.