53.

Kayla Richards

Kayla Richards.

Recap:

"Dat me ago find out," he stated.

It was almost 2 pm now and she left from 6 am.

Weh she deh so long and nuh tell nobody.

After he called her phone multiple times and got n response, he began making some calls to try and locate her.

All the calls were in vain because nobody knew where she was and no one saw her.

Out of all the people he called and reached out to, not one of them saw or heard from her or had any idea where she was.

Reality sunk in and my chest tightened when I realized that...
...Pinky was missing.

***

"She look guilty," I laughed as I stared down at my screen, watching the most recent paternity court.

That's all me do, watch paternity court.

I need to go get a job.

My feet were parched up on the sofa of my living room and I ate grapes from a plastic bag while I watched the video.

The front door opened and I turned my head around and looked at the door to see an ecstatic Kyle coming in.

André wasn't far behind him, with Kyle's bag and a pizza box in his hand.

I hissed my teeth and looked back at my phone screen.

Today was Wednesday, Kyle's third day of summer school at Hague Primary and since it was closer to them, Mr. Man took it up on his head to be Kyle's transport.

Like him nuh have businesses fi run.

"Kayla me get pizza," Kyle said excitedly.

What a boy love pizza.

"I see," I smiled at him, as he took off his shoes.

Andre walked in without sparing me a glance and placed the box on the kitchen counter then he sauntered to Kyle's room with the backpack.

Ugly lakka.

I didn't do him anything and he just stopped speaking to me.

We were good on Saturday morning when I was at their house before Pinky went missing, but after that, he started ignoring me.

When I came home Sunday, I texted him too, and up until now, I didn't get a response.

Me say me shame enuh.

And me naah run behind nobody son, so me wul my own.

It's best if we don't talk too, cause whatever we had going on, wasn't supposed to be going on in the first place.