35.

Kayla Richards

Kayla Richards

•••

Recap

Andre held on to my waist and opened the gate, following me through it and right up to the front door.

"Yuh can let me go now," I said when we got to the door.

"Gwaan in," he replied.

I spun the door handle pushing the front door open and that's when he removed his hand.

When I stepped inside, I looked at him before closing the door and leaning on it.

Jesus Christ!

I held my chest and waited for my heartbeat to calm down before I made my way to my room.

•••

May 13

I haven't been to Pinky's house ever since last week Saturday.

If you ask me why, I couldn't give you a proper response.

I know I normally go after school in the evenings but after my last interaction with the Ogre, I'm not going back to their house as long as he's there.

Maybe when he's out of the country I'll go but as long as he's there, mi naah go back ova deh.

I asked Pinky to bring my Entrepreneurship book that I left over there to me, but she cannot leave the yard, because it was serious time now.

Her brothers don't play when it comes on to schoolwork.

Today is Saturday and I'm going to look for my boyfriend because I need some vitamin D and he's not seeing me after this.

A bitch got exams and I don't have any rich parents so I have to do my best.

Secure that bag by any means!

And that associate degree.

After my bath I got dressed in a blue dress then I combed my hair.

We lived in the same community so I don't have to do too much.

When I finished what I was doing, I sprayed on perfume and then went out of my room.

Kyle was in the living room watching the Television and I walked toward him and patted his shoulders.

"Yaa come?" I asked him.

"Round a Trey?" he asked not looking at me.

"Yes," I answered.

"Mi naah come," he shook his head.

Yuh lucky.

"If Yuh father gweh, Yuh come round deh yer," I told him.