34.

Danay Sterling

Danay Sterling.
May 13

•••

Finally, the school week had come to an end, and CSEC and CAPE students weren't required to attend school until we had an exam.

The exams will not start until the week after next but our principal gave us next week off to study and prepare for the exams.

We are required to pick up our timetable on Tuesday though.

I will be putting my phone down starting tomorrow, which will be Sunday and I will use my free week to study.

The students in my class don't only have CAPE exams, we have exam in an Associate Degree Program that our school partnered with Utech for.

I want all my focus on my exams cause as much as Janene bruck me bad, she will step inah my throat.

I was sitting at the dinner table right now having dinner with my mom while I was reading a book that Brittney sent me.

She should be leaving for work in about thirty minutes.

"Mi go see if a so you go live pan the phone and nuh take up yuh book, fail one a Dem subject deh and yuh see how much a click strike in here," my mother said to me.

I made the yikes face and closed my phone put it down and focused on eating my food.

She proceeded to grumble about this generation of kids and how when she was my age how she had to work hard.

You're the one who has a good job and makes sure I have everything I need, then now you're complaining.

"When is Daddy coming home?" I asked her to change the topic.

My father hadn't been home in a month, the only time he stopped by was to pick up more clothes.

I don't know what's happening and they won't give me answers.

She looked at me before sighing.

"I...Danay mi nuh know...call him," she responded.

Are they having trouble with their relationship?

"Me ago call him, when mi finish," I glanced at her.

"Mhmm mmm," she drank from her juice cup.

"Something wrong?" I asked her taking in how her body language changed since I brought him up.