65.

𝘗 𝘐 𝘕 𝘒 𝘠

𝘗 𝘐 𝘕 𝘒 𝘠

Jul 25

"You deh near Choppa?" Her exhausted voice came over the phone and I stared ahead.

Feel fi say no because when me did ask her for him she tell me she nuh know where him deh.

But suppose it's an emergency.

Then she get what the duck get.

Pinks buil.

Rolling my eyes, I glanced at him for a split second and then I spoke. "Why you ask?"

She sounded like she was crying. "The baby a cry fi her Dada," she sniffled. "Nuh know wah must do...or tell her say."

Umm...

...what?

"Hold on," I leaned over and placed the phone at Tyreek's ear.

He was silent for a minute then he spoke. "Mhmm, me o' fawud round there."

Hearing the dial tone, I removed my phone from his ear and placed it in my lap.

I glanced at him with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Ask cause me know yuh waah ask," his voice came out wry.

The man know.

"Why didn't she call Ajhanae's dad instead?" I asked in worry.

He shrugged. "She doesn't have a dad."

Oh.

"Him dead?" I was confused.

Yuh mouth.

He glanced at me and then back at the road. "Yeah."

Oh.

For the rest of the drive, we were in silence. It wasn't awkward though.

When he turned on the road that led to my community he uttered, "Me a go round a Marcia before me make you drive go round zeen."

"Mhmm mmm," I rested my head on the window.

Nobody in my house knew where I had gone, when my boyfriend texted me and asked if I changed my mind about seeing the movie, I just got up and got ready then left.