93.

A MONTH LATER—MARCH

P I N K Y

WellCare Medical Services
Wellington St. Spanish Town

12:10 pm

"Gwaan a yuh yard nuh," I said to Kayla who had been forcing me to do a TikTok since we got here.

She gasped, feigning shock, placing a hand on her chest with her mouth hanging wide open.

Kayla extra enuh man.

"You really a run me a my yard? After yuh bawl say 'come stay with me please, me belly a hurt me' really Vanessa?" She asked, exaggerating.

"Me belly naah hurt me again, yuh can gwaan back down now," I joked, walking towards the door to leave the building.

We were leaving the doctor after doing my monthly check-up.

My due date was June 7 by the way. The obstetrician said it could be before or even after, but that was the date I should be prepared for.

"You did already bitchy but pregnancy made it worst, times three," Kayla responded with a shake of her head.

A smile formed on my lips in response to help words. "A just good thing, so why not do it."

Rolling her eyes, she pushed the glass door open and allowed me to exit the building first.

As I was seven months pregnant with twins, I walked very slowly.

When I was finally through the doors, she came through and released it, allowing it to close.

"Me ago call George fi come back fimi," Kayla replied to what I said earlier.

"Oh please," I took my fob from my purse, using it to unlock my car. "We both know yuh naah go do that, cannot do that actually."

All you too likkle bit and bright.

"Watch and see," she replied obviously joking. "As we reach a the house me a ring George phone."

"Miss Richard, bye!" I went over to the other side of the car and opened the door going in.

As soon as I was seated, I closed my door and turned the air conditioner on.

Up here so hot yuh fret.

Come like satan stand up and skin out him batty over here.

Yuh fi gwaan better enuh.

"Not you coming up here with your same dirty style, put on yuh seatbelt man," Kayla said to me as she got seated.

I glanced over at het and smiled and then I began laughing. "Dah habit deh naah go bruck outta me fi now."

"Better make it bruck out a you," she stated as I started the car. "Cause you naah kill my pickney them with yuh reckless driving."

I placed my bag on the back seat, leaving my phone on my lap. "Me not even drive bad again like how me pregnant, I've been chilling."