84.

P I N K Y

P I N K Y

"Nuh body never tell you fi follow behind me," I rolled my eyes and picked up the broom.

Cause why him follow behind me and now him a complain say the sun hot.

"Yuh did more than want me come," he waved me off. "Gwaan yuh ways."

Disregarding his presence, I wielded the broom, diligently sweeping away every speck of dirt that marred the pristine surface of the tiled area.

No dirt to the lady place.

As the sun's heat began to sear through, I reluctantly acknowledged his earlier assertion, realizing the truth in his words.

Waah burn up me nice clean skin.

"I can't see anything, likkle miss," my aunt remarked, her voice emanating from my phone, which was propped up on the grills.

If it ever drop.

I walked over to the phone, broom in hand, and picked it up, ready to address my aunt's concern.

"Me a sweep off the sumn," I said to her. "How me ago hold the phone and do that?"

"Kotch it up pan sumn nuh young girl," she instructed me. "Me waah see."

"Me a go put it down on the next side and see if you can see better," I said to her.

Moving to the opposite side of the rectangular area, I carefully placed my phone down, ensuring a better view for my aunt to observe the surroundings.

With her faas self. Still love her though.

"You can see better now?" I asked her, hoping that she could see where he best friend laid.

"Yeah, thank you," she replied and I shook my head with a smile.

Returning to the task at hand, I efficiently swept off the area, completing the task in a mere five minutes.

Me hungry enuh.

Girl you always hungry.

Me know, and cyaa gain no weight.

Such is life.

Leaning the broom against the grill, I walked out to the car.

Placing my hands in the open trunk of the car, I lifted the flowers before making my way back to the grave.

Once I had delicately placed the flowers on top, I looked down at them, my brows knitted together in contemplation.