♡ Chapter 35 ♡

She noticed a small figure approaching her with bright blue eyes. Y/n couldn't recognize the person until he came closer and she could see his face clearly. When she met Taehyung's blue eyes, Y/n breathed a sigh of relief. Y/N sensed something was wrong the moment her gaze fell on Taehyung's emotionless face. 

Taehyung slowed a little bit but didn't stop running

Taehyung slowed a little bit but didn't stop running. Y/n opened her mouth to speak but was cut off when Taehyung suddenly lifted her up. He kept running while holding y/n firmly and protectively in his arms. He looked down and showed y/n a soft smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"I don't have much time to explain what's going on, sweetie, but we can't go home right now. I will take you somewhere to keep you safe. Thank God you didn't stay at home." Taehyung murmured the last part.

Taehyung was running with an inhuman speed while holding y/n. He picked up more and more speed as the minutes passed.

Y/n kept silence, but inside her head, it was like the devil's factory. She had a lot of questions, and as usual, it wasn't the right place or time to ask them. Y/n didn't even know where he was taking her. But as always, she kept quiet.

The environment gradually started to get cold. Y/n was wearing a dress made for summer, so she felt shivers running down her spine as the cold wind hit her skin. Even though Taehyung was the one who ran while carrying y/n, she also became tired; her head started to hurt because the environment got blurry because of the speed Taehyung ran; because of the speed, it was hard to breathe; and y/n almost felt like vomiting when Taehyung jumped over huge rocks and the roots of the trees.

Y/n trudge up the bleached landscape staring at her cloud like breath as she take in lots of air with exhaustion. The frigid conditions are as cold as the icy seas of the Antarctic.

Taehuyng looked down at y/n when he felt her small body shaking in his arms. "Oh, dear, I am so sorry. My mind slipped away for a minute." He apologized. His eyes lit up just like they always did when he cast a spell or forced to use his ability. The background was dark navy blue, while the outline of the apple of his eyes was bright neon sky blue, radiating in softly swooping arcs.

Suddenly, a warm feeling ran through her body. The wind that blew harshly on her skin became gentle. Y/n saw something like a blue string floating around her body, coiling up like a cobra. It was a little bit similar to the dust Seokjin made when he cast a spell, but this was more visible and thick. Y/n's eyes followed the blue string-like thing, and she found snowflakes frozen in the air along the string. Taehyung had made a shield around her to protect her from the cold. 

Even though Taehyung's eyes shone brightly because of the power, inside them there was nothing but lifelessness. Y/n hated it. The ice dragon apologizing for everything wasn't familiar to her. She would rather hear him reply to her with a voice filled with sarcasm or playfulness. It would be much better if he said, "I was going to let you freeze and keep you as a statue or a decoration in our cave." or "Hey, little girl, you look like a shivering sloth caught in a rainstorm hugging a tree." But now all he did was apologizing and take an action to make something better. It made him look pitiful and helpless. And y/n despised it. What happened to the powerful dragon?