♡ Chapter 41 ♡

Y/n placed her hand on the door as tears gathered in her eyes, knowing that her lover was behind the door. When she was about to push the door open beneath her, Gressalè, who was still in the pocket of Taehyung's cloak, rumbled as if the forest spirit was trying to say that he would be with her all the time.

And then, a memory floats to the forefront of her mind, unbidden and without rational reason:
"Something as trivial as time and space are not sufficient deterrents," Jungkook murmurs, and y/n feels her eyes prickle once more. "I would have come for you," he says simply.
As though it were as simple as the words he'd spoken. As though it were a foregone conclusion that he would have come for y/n.
Y/n's heart beats faster and harder.

Jungkook once said that something as trivial as time and space are not sufficient deterrents.
He had said to her that he would come for y/n, wherever he may be, and as he did, he carried a weight in his gaze that spoke of a devotion so vast that he would have travelled to the darkest, most treacherous corners of the world if it would bring him to y/n's side.

It made y/n think of how, all this time, Jungkook had cared for her so preciously, as even Seokjin had spoken of.

It made y/n think of how Jungkook had become y/n's own most precious thing and how they had taken him from her.

The rage bursts to life anew in the pit of her stomach, licking at her skin from the inside out with a furor that defies both reason and sanity. They had taken what was hers, and Y/n realized she wanted it back.

She will take it back.

They say that a dragon guards what is his own.

Y/n felt something inside her snarls in tandem with the pounding of her blood, singing for her to reclaim what is rightfully hers.

Y/n took a deep breath and opened the heavy metal door.

And saw Jungkook in his human form, and it was a sight that pulled a sharp, unbidden cry from her lips. Jungkook was chained, his limbs and neck wrapped in heavy, massive iron manacles, pinned against one of the large brick pillars in the room.

 Jungkook was chained, his limbs and neck wrapped in heavy, massive iron manacles, pinned against one of the large brick pillars in the room

Just like y/n had thought, she had to venture down into the dungeons in order to retrieve Jungkook. But she had never once thought that Jungkook would be here, in the centre of a dirty room, tied like a beast to a pillar as though he were some sort of a spectacle. Like a sacrifice and a wretched display, all in one, he was tortured as though he were on the centre of a stage for all to see.

To see Jungkook like this made the fury in y/n grow, until she felt it nearly spinning out of her very control.
Jungkook's clothes are soaked through with blood, his entire weight sagging forward and down, muscles visibly straining where he is held aloft by the chains. His skin is bone white, drained of all colour, save for the red.

 His skin is bone white, drained of all colour, save for the red