1. An Answer Worths Everything

AUTHOR'S POV:

.
.
.

In front of a small cabin, there stood a defeated 9 years old Mikasa, wrapped in Grisha's jacket.

Before her, there stood Grisha and a 9 years old Eren.

"Dr. Yeager, how do I get home from here?" Mikasa asked, a hollow expression on her face. "It's cold..." She tugged at the jacket. "I have nowhere to go now." She looked down while tears kept rolling down her face.

Just then, Mikasa felt a warm, red scarf being wrapped around her neck.

She quickly looked up to see Eren wrapping his own red scarf around her with a small smile on his face.

"Huh?" Mikasa said in confusion.

"You can keep this." Eren said and tossed the last bit over her face while he was blushing and smiling shyly.

Mikasa kept starring at him with confusion and surprise.

"Warm, isn't it?" Eren asked gently, still smiling shyly.

Mikasa looked down at the scarf and touched the soft fabric. "It's warm."

Grisha came up to them, smiling slightly. "Mikasa, come live with us."

"Huh?" Mikasa said in surprise, looking up at Grisha.

"You've been through a lot." Grisha said. "You need plenty of rest."

Mikasa turned to Eren, looking at him, silently, as if asking his permission.

"What is it?" Eren said with a bright smile. "Come on." He reached out and gently held her sleeve. "Let's go back already." He turned around. "Let's go back..." He turned his head towards her, smiling. "...to our home."

Mikasa gasped as more tears rolled down her face.

Just then, she stepped forward and wrapped her arms around Eren.

Eren blinked in surprise but hugged her back, smiling shyly.

Mikasa buried her face on his shoulder and started crying softly. "Thank you..."

Eren kept rubbing her back, smiling. "It's ok. I'll always protect you..."
.
.
.

The moon shone beautifully in the night sky while clouds kept flowing with the wind.

The clouds kept interrupting the moon light from shining on the ruins of a castle while the light from Middle Eastern refugees camp lighted up the area down the cliff.
.

On the cliff, at the edge, there sat an eighteen years old Eren, looking down at the Middle eastern refugee camp while tears continued to roll down his face.

He seemed to be deep in thought... fighting his inner demon.
.

'That was it, wasn't it?' Eren thought, starring ahead. 'From what I can tell...' He looked up at the night sky while tears continued to roll down his face. '...that's where everything started... atleast for us...' His gaze lowered a bit. 'The day we met... the way we met... and the promise I made...' He let out a sigh. 'It was set in the stone from the beginning...' He looked down. 'Even though I promised her to protect her, it was always her who selflessly protected me without asking anything in return... At first, I thought it was just because she felt indebted to me... But, since that day...'
.
.
.

An injured 15 years old Mikasa was sitting on her knees, smiling softly.

A defeated Eren was just before her, sitting on his knees, crying.