19. Scar

AUTHOR'S POV:

Groups of soldiers were gathered together on the wall at each cannon station, peering down at the herd of Titans.
.

"We've successfully managed to gather most of the Titans into the corner of the City." Gustav said. "Yet, despite avoiding combat as much as possible, around 20% of our soldiers have been lost."
.

The injured soldiers were laying on the ground.
.

"No, they were not 'lost.' The soldiers did not die of their own accord." Pixis said. "I ordered them to their deaths." He stopped and looked out at the destroyed city overrun by Titans. "Humanity is now perched on the brink of extinction. If it means ensuring humankind's survival, I'm willing to go down in history as a butcher."
.

The house was destroyed where the Attacking Titan's fist collided into.

Mikasa luckily dodged his punch but a small cut appeared on her cheek and she hit the side of a chimney.

Ian ran closer to the Attacking titan while Faye stayed in the place as she didn't know what to do.
.

The Attacking Titan threw another punch and Mikasa again dodged.

She then used the 3D gear to reach the attacking Titan's face and grabbed the long dark hair to hang in place.

"Hey! Stop, Ackerman! Get away from him!" Ian yelled.

"Mikasa! What are you doing?" Faye yelled.

"Eren! Don't you recognise me?!" Mikasa asked in desperation. "I'm Mikasa! Your family!"

The Attacking Titan kept glaring at her with his glowing green eyes.

"You have to seal the hole with that rock!" Mikasa said.
.

Rico grabbed the red flare capsule. 'The operation's a failure...' She stood, holding the gun up. 'I knew there was no secret weapon.' She shot the gun and a trail of red smoke shot up to the sky.
.

"Eren! You're human!" Mikasa screamed.

The Attacking Titan clenched its fist tight.

"You're-" Mikasa said.

"Dodge, Ackerman!" Ian yelled.

In time, Faye grabbed Mikasa and flew away as the Attacking titan kept threw a punch at her.

But, the Attacking Titan's fist collided with his own face and he let out a roar.

Mikasa looked over her shoulder as she flew away with Faye.
.

The Attacking Titan stumbled and fell backward before sitting down against the boulder, looking down.
.

"What the hell?!" Mitabi said. "He's just a regular, dumb Titan!"
.

Faye and Mikasa landed on a rooftop.

"Eren..." Mikasa trailed off, looking at the Attacking titan.

"This is bad." Faye said. "He doesn't seem to have control over his titan."
.

"Captain Ian!" One of the soldiers called out from a nearby roof. "Two Titans approaching from ahead! A 10-meter one and a 6-meter one!"

"One 12-meter Titan is closing in from the rear!" Another soilder informed.

"Ian! We have to withdraw!" Mitabi said. "There's no way that kid's sealing the hole!"

"Yeah." Rico said. "We have no choice but to leave him here."

Mikasa threw them a glare, teeth gritted.
.

"Red smoke shell from the Elite Squad! It seems the mission to seal the hole has hit a serious snag." A soilder next to Pixis said.