32. Beast Titan

AUTHOR'S POV:

Erwin walked down a hall, flanked by two Scouts.

"Eren has completely sealed the Wall titan with his hardening ability." A scout informed. "I suppose no further action are needed to be taken."

"I see." Erwin said.

"What are we supposed to make of this, sir? I never imagined there were Titans in the Walls..." A scout said.

"No one did. There were only people who knew and people who didn't." Erwin said.
.
.

After the fight between the two titans, the district of Stohess was a bit destroyed.
.

The bloodied bodies of the Wall followers lay littered on the ground, some buildings cracked.
.

Some MPs, wearing gloves were there to clean up the mess.

"What's the deal?" Marlo said, looking around. "We just fought a Titan here. Why are they keeping us in the dark?"

"Business as usual." Hitch said. "But what's scummiest of all... is that there's no 'official' reason why all these people died."
.
.
.

The new recruits and the Mike squad were in a building in the south of Wall Rose during the fight between Eren and Annie in Stohess District.
.

Connie looked bored out of his skull, elbow on the table, face in hand. He let out a sigh.

Sasha sat beside him in the same position, looking equally bored.

"My village isn't far south of here, you know..." Connie said in a dull voice.

"My hometown is close by, too..." Sasha spoke in the same dull voice.
.

At the same table, Reiner and Bert were playing chess.
.

At a lone table, Marco was reading a book.
.

"Damn. Why can't I go visit?" Connie complained. "Maybe I'll sneak out at night."

Sasha looked at Connie. "They told me not to come back until I'm normal."

Connie smiled. "They told me I was too puny to be a soldier. Was genius enough to be one, though. I was in our class's top ten. I'm gonna go make 'em eat their words."

"Connie, if you're serious, I'll help." Reiner said.

Connie tilted his head back. "What? How come?"

Reiner looked at him. "Doesn't it seem strange? We're on standby in our plain clothes and we're not allowed to train or wear our uniforms." He stood up and approached the window. "Even more suspicious..."
.

Outside, two Scouts were talking.
.

"...is that everyone else is fully armed. We're inside the Wall, not on the front line." Reiner said and turned to them. "Who are we fighting?"

"Well, there are bears in the area." Connie said.

Reiner walked back to his seat.

"Yeah. Bears." Sasha repeated.

"Guns are enough to handle bears." Reiner replied and sat down. Then he crossed his arms.

Sasha lifted her face from her hands straightened in her seat.

Reiner looked at her.

Sasha let her head fall on the table, ear pressed to the surface. After a moment, she gasped and sat upright, looking alarmed. "I hear thuds! They sound like footsteps!"

"Huh?" Connie said.
.

The others turned to her.
.

"Get serious, Sasha." Reiner said. "If you're suggesting there are Titans here... that'd mean Wall Rose has fallen."
.