56. A Quite Walk through the Dark

AUTHOR'S POV:

.
.
.

The dreaming person, Dr. Eren, in his dream, founded himself standing before the Coordinates, in the Paths while he was in his 19 years old version.

"The Coordinates...?" Dr. Eren said, confused.

"Dad..." A little girl called out from behind.

Dr. Eren gasped slightly as he recognised the voice. "Faye...?"

Just when he turned around, he saw that his surroundings had changed from the Paths to an abandoned Shiganshina with Walls surrounding it.

His eyes widened and he looked around in confusion. "Huh?" He looked ahead as he heard the sniffle of a little girl.

Before him, there stood a nine years old Faye, holding a bloodied knife in her hand while tears were rolling down her face.

Dr. Eren's eyes widened. "Faye?" He slowly stepped forward.

"Dad...?" Faye quitely called out, looking up at him.

Dr. Eren stopped before her and kneeled. "Dear?" He put his hand on Faye's shoulder. "What... are you doing here?" He reached out and took the knife from her hand before throwing it away.

"Dad, are you a murderer?" Faye sadly asked.

Dr. Eren gasped, looking at her. "Huh...?"

"Please, don't lie to me, Dad!" Faye said, distressed. "Please!"

Dr. Eren kept starring at her for some moments with a surprised expression before looking down with a distressed expression. "Yes, I am..."

Faye gasped. "W-Why?" She took a step back. "H-How many people h-have you k-killed?"

Dr. Eren squeezed his eyes shut in shame. "Over... one billion people..." Tears started to form in the corner of his eyes.

Faye gasped in horror. "Th-That many p-people?!"

Dr. Eren slowly opened his eyes and looked up at her as tears started to roll down his face. "Yes..."

Faye's lips quivered in horror as more tears rolled down her face. "H-How... could you?"

Dr. Eren looked down. "There were no other choices. It was the only way to save Eldia and the island..."

Faye remained silent for a moment with a distressed expression before furrowing his eyebrows. "Even so?! You've killed billions of people! You're a murderer! You're a monster!"

Dr. Eren looked up at her with a pained expression.

"How can you play the happy family here and live with happiness when you have taken the happiness of billions of people?!" Faye shouted.

Dr. Eren looked down, speechless.

"How could you even think about starting a family when you destroyed billions of family?!" Faye shouted.

Dr. Eren remained speechless, defeated, while more tears continued to roll down his face.

Faye gritted her teeth. "I hate you!"

Dr. Eren gasped and freezed.

"I hate you!" Faye shouted and ran past him.

Dr. Eren quickly stood up and turned around. "Faye!" He held out his hand. "Where are you going?!"