38. Close Combat

AUTHOR'S POV:

"You damn traitors!" Eren yelled and bit his hand, causing a burst of yellow lightning, and red flesh began to form.

The Attacking Titan roared and threw his hand back before hardening it and punching at the Armoured titan's face, breaking the armour.

The Armored Titan's face smashed into the Wall, tearing it as they continued to descend.

The two Titans landed hard, the ground around them fracturing from the impact.
.

Mikasa and Faye stared intently at the cloud of dust.

"Eren!" Mikasa shouted. Gritting her teeth, she glancing up to the cloud of stream, past which sat the Colossal Titan.

"Shit!" Faye said, angry at herself. "We should have gone for the head, Mikasa!"

"Yeah. We hesitated!" Mikasa said, remembering the scared faces of Reiner and Bertolt. "That was the perfect chance! We should've been able to do it!"

"There won't be another chance!" Faye said.
.

Atop Wall Rose, the Scouts faced the Colossal titan.
.

Hange gasped when the Titan moved out his arm. "Everyone, jump away from the Wall!"
.

The Colossal Titan brought down his arms, trying to scrap the soldiers off.
.

The Scouts quickly fled.
.

"It got Ymir!" Nife screamed, carrying Christa. "And somebody else, too!"
.

The Colossal tossed them both in his mouth, clamping his jaw shut.
.

"He ate 'em!" Nifa yelled.

Christa whimpered, eyes widening.
.

Hange, Petra, Keiji, Armin, and Sasha hung from the side of the Wall.

"Th-This can't be..." Sasha trailed off.

"Bertolt..." Armin said softly.

Christa continued to stare, shocked.
.

"All soldiers, prepare to attack! We're taking down the Colossal Titan!" Hange ordered. She leaped, doing a backflip in the air and heading back up the Wall. "It's a threat to all of humanity! Swarm the huge bastard!"

The Colossal Titan brought his arm back then sent his fist flying at her.

The Scouts dodged, flying around the massive appendage.

They continued to dodge his swings.

Petra flew by its face, making eye contact. 'Just like the reports said, he's slow!'

'It might be big, but that's it!' Abel thought, flying behind Keiji.

'Compared to the Titans we normally fight, this'll be easy!' Keiji glared the Titan.

'We've got this!' A brown-haired soldier dove toward the massive Titan.

"Now's our chance!" Hange yelled as they dove for his nape. "Slice up his neck!"

Out of nowhere, the Colossal Titan released an enormous amount of steam, forcing the soldiers back.
.

"Too hot!"

"Everyone, fall back!" Hange commanded.

They quickly exited the large cloud of steam, landing on the Wall.
.

"My hand!" A Scout yelled, grunting in pain, holding his burned hand.

"Water!" Rashad yelled. "Bring water!"
.