53. Memories of the Future

___________________________________________

So, I added some more stuffs to the previous chapter, Chapter 52. From You, 2000 Years Ago, as I forgot to put them there which are relevant for this chapter.

Check it out before reading further into this chapter.

Thank you!

___________________________________________

AUTHOR'S POV:

"...UNTIL ALL LIVES EXISTING THERE SHALL BE EXTERMINATED FROM THIS WORLD." Eren's voice echoed throughout the Paths.
.

Zeke listened everything carefully with a surprised expression before he got back to the real world, a jail cell, where he was locked up.

He looked distressed. 'Eren Yeager...?' He held his head. 'Does that mean...' He clenched his teeth. 'My God... My father was alive! Eren... We both are victims. You have been brainwashed by our father.' He squeezed his eyes shut. 'You did what your father told you to do...' He opened his eyes. 'It's too late to sav-'
.

Just then, he founded himself in the Paths, before the Coordinates.

He gasped and removed his hands from his head before looking ahead. "Huh?"

"Zeke..." Eren called out, standing behind him.

Zeke gasped and quickly looked behind him before standing up. "You..." He took a step forward. "Are you... Eren Yeager?"

"Yeah." Eren said.

"You look nothing like your father." Zeke said. "Believe me, I know what you're going through. We're both victims of your father. You've been brainwashed by him." He stopped before Eren.

"No, you're wrong, Zeke." Eren said.

"You don't understand, Eren!" Zeke said, distressed. "You walked on the path led by your father! You did what your father wanted! To rebuild the Eldian Empire!"

Eren remained silent.

"It's not your fault." Zeke said. "You and I are tragic victims born by the vile father. He brainwashed and planted the seeds of nationalism in you, just like how he tried to do with me." He put his hands on Eren's shoulders. "But, I had another father who saved me. You need somebody to save you, too. It's not too late, Eren."

"Sure, we can determine it by wandering around our Dad's memories." Eren said.

Zeke gasped. "Huh?"

Just then, their surroundings flashed white.
.
.

A lone bird kept flying in circles above Shiganshina while the clouds kept moving idley in the sky.
.

In their home, laying on the floor on his back, making baby noises, a baby Eren lifted up his right hand and looked at it for a moment.

Then, he rolled over and started crawling for a moment before getting picked up by Grisha with Carla standing beside him.

Grisha stood up straight and tried to cradle baby Eren in his arms, who started crying and trying to wiggle out of his gasp.
.