54. Cruelty of this World

AUTHOR'S POV:

.
.
.

The dreaming person, Mrs. Mikasa, saw in her dream as she was in a secluded cabin, surrounded by mountains and trees.

In her current perspective, she was swiping the floor with a broom, waiting for Dr. Eren to return.

After some moments, the front door opened and a short haired Dr. Eren entered the cabin, holding a big fish in one hand and a fishing rod in another while there was a smile on his face.

Mrs. Mikasa shifted her gaze towards him and smiled. "Ereh." She put the broom down and stepped forward, towards him.

"Mika, look." Dr. Eren said, smiling and lifted up the fish a bit. "I managed to catch a big fish today."

Mrs. Mikasa stopped before him and examines the fish. "Wow, this is a pritty good catch." She looked up at Dr. Eren, still smiling. "I am impressed."

Dr. Eren chuckled. "I am glad." He handed the fish over to Mrs. Mikasa. "But, the credit goes to you as you were the one who taught me how to catch a fish."

Mrs Mikasa let out a chuckle as she looked at the fish in her hands for a moment before she looked up at Dr. Eren. "Let me prepare a nice meal for my husband." She blushed a bit, smiling shyly.

Dr. Eren blushed and chuckled awkwardly. "I'll be grateful."

Mrs. Mikasa playfully punched Dr. Eren's shoulder. "Ok, then." She turned around. "Let me quickly prepare it." She started walking towards the kitchen. After a moment, she stopped in her tracks. "Eren, would you..." She turned around to face him. "...like so-" Her eyes widened as she looked at Dr. Eren's saddened expression. She grew concerned. "Eren, what's wrong?" She put the fish down on a table and stepped towards him.

"Mikasa, it's time for me to go." Dr. Eren said with a saddened expression.

Mrs. Mikasa gasped and she stopped before him. "Go where?" She reached out and held his hands. "Eren?"

"Far away, Mikasa..." Dr. Eren said and took his hands back before turning around. "It's time for me to return to her." He started walking towards the door.

Mrs. Mikasa kept starring at him with a distressed expression. "Eren..."

Dr. Eren didn't say anything and walked out of the cabin before closing the door behind him.

Mrs. Mikasa gasped. "Eren! No!" She rushed towards the door.

Once before it, she abruptly opened it and saw the Paths outside and the Coordinates in the distance. She gasped. "Huh?" She looked around. "Eren!" She looked ahead and started running towards the Coordinates in a panic. "Eren!" Tears started to roll down her face as she kept running. "Eren! Where are you?!"
.

After some moments of running, she came to a stop before the Coordinates and two figures.

Before her, in front of the Coordinates, Founder Ymir was holding Dr. Eren's hand and leading him towards the Coordinates.

Mrs. Mikasa gasped. "Eren!" She took off running towards them. "Don't go!" More tears rolled down her face. "Eren!" She held out her hand, trying to reach out Dr. Eren. "Don't go!"

Just then, Founder Ymir disappeared into the Coordinates while Dr. Eren remained a few steps away from the Coordinates.

Mrs. Mikasa gasped and abruptly stopped in her tracks. "Eren..."