59. The Ending We Deserve

___________________________________________

It's a very long chapter. Enjoy!
___________________________________________

AUTHOR'S POV:

"...days were going on peacefully until the tragedy struck." Mikasa said softly yet tiredly with a smile on her face, gently holding her scarf in one hand while gently stroking her daughter's head.

"T-Then... what happened, Mom...?" Faye said sleepily yet eagerly, looking up at her mother.
__

Faye Ackermann Yeager was Eren Yeager and Mikasa Ackermann Yeager's 5-year-old daughter.

Faye had green eyes like Eren and black hair and pale skin like Mikasa.

Her facial structure, however, was a mixture of her parents'.
__
.

Currently, at their home in the now modernized Shiganshina, in a room, at the edge of a bed, a 25-year-old Mikasa was sitting while Little Faye was lying on the said bed on her belly, holding onto Mikasa's waist and nuzzling her face in Mikasa's belly which was bigger than usual.
.

Mikasa let out a tired sigh and gently rubbed her thumb against Little Faye's eyebrow, still smiling, looking down at her. "Oh, dear. Why don't we call it a night and go to sleep, hm?" She started patting Little Faye's back while continuing to rub her thumb against her eyebrow. "After all, you seem so sleepy now..."

Little Faye pouted cutely and buried her face in Mikasa's belly. "No, Mom! I-I want to know..." She yawned. "...about the ta-ta-tra..." She yawned again.

Seeing Little Faye yawn, Mikasa looked away and yawned herself while continuing to stroke her head. "Oh dear..."

Just then, a 50-year-old Mrs. Ackermann entered the room with a smile on her face. "Honey." She stopped before the bed and crouched.

Little Faye slowly peeked her head to look at Mrs. Ackermann, looking heavily sleepy. "Grandma..." She smiled sleepily.

Mrs. Ackermann nodded slightly and reached out before stroking Little Faye's hair, still smiling. "Honey, let's call it a night, hm? You know, your mother needs rest too." She gently pinched Little Faye's cheeks. "Aren't you the clever little girl, hm?"

Little Faye giggled softly and looked up at her mother from her belly.

Mikasa gave her daughter a closed eye smile.

Little Faye smiled back before slowly backing away and laying back on the bed. She yawned and reached out to rub her eyes. "Grandma..." She slowly looked at Mrs. Ackermann. "Is Dad home yet...?"

Mrs. Ackermann reached out and covered Little Faye with her blanket. "I don't think so, Honey." She stood up.

Little Faye's expression saddened and she covered her face with the blanket. "Why does Dad..." She yawned. "...always come home late..." She clutched her blanket tightly. "I-I miss him..." Her voice started breaking.

Mrs. Ackermann and Mikasa shared a concerned look.

Mikasa let out a sigh before smiling again. "Faye, dear..." She reached out and slowly pulled down the blanket a bit to uncover Little Faye's face.

Little Faye looked at Mikasa while tears were rolling down her face. She sniffled and remained silent.

Mikasa grew concerned yet smiled reassuringly. "Oh, Dear." She reached out and wiped Little Faye's tears. "Don't cry, Sweetheart. You'll get to see your father in the morning, ok?"