46. Ruler of the Walls

AUTHOR'S POV:

As Erwin submitted a false report to the Royal Capital, he, along with Eren, were summoned to the capital.

It was decided that Eren would be handed over.
.
.
.

Erwin, Eren and the MPs had already arrived infront of the fake king and the nobles in the Royal Capital.
.

Erwin was handcuffed while Eren's hands were chained together.

The MPs made Eren kneel down.
.

Rod Reiss was looking at Eren in disgust.
.

MPs were standing behind them and Pixis and other Garrison soilders were beside him.
.

"So you're here now, huh." Aurille said, looking at Erwin. "So far, what have you achieved, Erwin?"

"We have uncovered the identities of the traitors who were hiding among us." Erwin said. "We're just a few steps behind reclaiming Wall Maria.

"No need for that!" Aurille said. "The Survey Corps will be disbanded from here and now. It's not worth spending the tax payers money on."

"For humanity to lose the Survey Corps would be analogous to losing our spear. When cornered by enemies, it is not a shield, but a spear, that eliminates the threat. Suppose that right this very moment, Wall Rose were to be breached." Erwin said, looking down. "Naturally, the people of Wall Rose would again flee and take refuge in Wall Sina. But the recent evacuation left us with no more than a few days worth of food. Before we knew it, everyone would be forced to fight for their survival."
.

Aurille, Rod, Gerald and the others were listening to him carefully.
.

Erwin looked up at them. "Walls Rose and Sina would become the two faction at war with each other. Even if the Walls itself remains intact, Wall Rose is constantly battling against food shortages. The Titans may never get the chance to break through Wall Sina if the residents of Wall Rose do it first."
.

Whispers picked up among the soilders behind him.
.

"Reclaim Wall Maria. Thats the only way to give humanity hope for a new future." Erwin said.

"And, you mean to say that the wall cannot be reclaimed without the Survey Corps?" Aurille asked.

"Our duty as Corpsmen has always been to charge headfirst at the enemy." Erwin said. "Cowering and hiding will not benefit humanity. Or rather, do you have some secret plan in place to overcome this hurdle?"

Aurille looked away and coughed. "Erwin. I don't think you understand. We have not brought you and Eren Yeager here today to discuss our future within the walls." He turned to Erwin. "The Humanity Charter's sixth clanse states: 'One shall not prioritise one's own gain over the safety and longevity of humanity.' That is the accusation laid against you for killing countless soilders in the 57th expedition beyond the Walls and in the mission to bring back Eren."

"Indeed. You have refused to turn Eren Yeager in to us several times." Gerald said. "This is a clear violation of the charter."

"Eren is necessary to reclaim Wall Maria." Erwin said.

"That is not for the Survey Corps to decide!" The minister said. "Eren Yeager is a titan whose powers are not understood! Merely sheltering him within the walls presents a serious risk. For a single commander to have total control of him is utterly absurd."

"And yet, you dared to enant a plan of your own devising." Aurille said.

"It would hardly be incorrect to say that you are the true threat to humanity." The priest said.
.