58. Grow Old Together

AUTHOR'S POV:

.
.
.

The dreaming person, a 19 years old Mikasa, in her dream, founded herself standing at the shore while the sea, illuminated by the moonlight, kept rushing at it.

She smiled. "I could just stay here for eternity..." She looked up at the night sky. "...with Eren being by my side..."

After a few moments, she turned her gaze downwards, to her right and her eyes widened.

On her right, at the shore, there stood Founder Ymir, moulding a life-size sand sculpture of a tree.

"Founder Ymir...?" Mikasa slowly muttered, surprised and started walking towards Founder Ymir.

As Mikasa was making her way towards her, Founder Ymir stopped moulding the sand sculpture and turned around to face her.

Mikasa smiled as she stopped before Founder Ymir. "Ymir..." She reached out and put her hands on Founder Ymir's shoulders, bending down a bit. "The one, who has been viewing the world through my eyes all this time, is that you?"

Founder Ymir slowly nodded and smiled.

Mikasa's expression saddened. "Your love was that of a long nightmare. But, the time and the past lives could never be returned."

Founder Ymir's expression saddened.

Mikasa smiled slightly. "But, because of the lives you gave birth to, here I now stand."

Founder Ymir smiled slightly and closed her eyes.

Mikasa kneeled, her hands still on Founder Ymir's shoulders. "Don't worry, Ymir..." She wrapped her arms around Founder Ymir and embraced her. "We're nearing the end result..." She closed her eyes. "The end result, that you've been waiting for 2000 years..."
.
.
.

The chirping noise of birds could be heard from a distance while the morning sun rose above the modernized building of Paradis, slowly.
.

At her home at Shiganshina, on her shared bed, there slept Mikasa, facing up while the morning sun's rays shone softly on her face, coming through the window.

Next to her, on the bed, there slept a short haired, 19 years old Eren, facing up, snoring softly.

Slowly, Mikasa opened her eyes and blinked a few times.

Feeling the sensation of the morning sunlight on her face, she closed her eyes before bringing her hand towards her face and blocking the sunlight with her palm.

Slowly, she opened her eyes and looked at the window to see the sunlight coming from it as the curtain blew gently with the flow of wind.

She smiled softly and sat up on the bed, taking in the yet another peaceful morning.

As she continued to look at the window, her gaze slowly shifted downwards as she brought her hand up.

On her left hand ring finger, there was an engagement ring.

Mikasa smiled brightly at the ring before turning to the sleeping Eren, still smiling. "My sweet fiance..." She reached out and ruffled Eren's hair. 'I already miss his long hair...'

She kept starring at Eren for a moment before laying down on her belly, her eyes still glued to his face.

A small blush formed in her cheeks as put her hand on Eren's face. "Eren..." She slowly pinched his cheek. "Wake up..."

Slowly, Eren opened his eyes and groaned. "Huh?" His gaze fell on Mikasa's face and he smiled sleepily. "Oh, what a beautiful sight to see upon waking up." He lightly chuckled.