44. Closer to the Truth

AUTHOR'S POV:

It was the next day.
.

Outside of the old Survey Corps headquarters, there parked two wagons.
.

Inside the building, in a room, on a bed, there layed an unconsious Dina Fritz.
.

In the basement, there remained an unconsious and limbless Reiner, chained up to the wall.
.

Sasha, Jean and Armin were bringing some supplies to the house.

"Just try to swipe some of this food, Sasha." Jean said. "I'll have Captain Levi to turn you into mincemeat if you do."
.

Eren and Connie were cleaning the floor, a white cloth covering their mouth.
.

Petra and Marco were cleaning upstairs.
.

"I won't, unless..." Sasha said.

Petra poked her head through the window and looked down at them. "Remove your shoes, guys. Eren and Connie just cleaned the floor."

"Ok Petra!" Armin said.

The three of them removed their shoes and got inside.
.

"Hey guys!" Eren called out, turning around. "Did you remove your shoes before you guys came in?"

"Yeah Eren." Armin replied.

"That good." Eren said and resumed cleaning.

After a few moments, Mikasa and Historia arrived with firewood.

"We are back." Mikasa said.

Historia walked in silently with a gloomy expression.

Petra and Marco came downstairs.

"Upstairs rooms are done." Marco said and let out a tired sigh.

Jean put the supplies on the table. "Why Captain is so obsessed with cleaning anyways?"

Petra smiled. "No Idea."

Mikasa turned to them after putting the firewoods. "Did anyone check on Faye and that titan woman?"

"That titan woman is still unconsious." Petra said. "And, talking about Faye, I did check on Faye a while ago. Her hand has grown back."

Eren smiled. "That's a relief. Otherwise, Mrs. Kruger would have eaten me alive."

Mikasa smiled and Armin chuckled.

Petra smiled. "Is she scary like Captain Levi?"

"Mrs. Kruger is a lot scarier than anyone I've ever known." Armin said and chuckled. "Even Mikasa fears her."

Mikasa smiled and chuckled.

"Huh?" Jean said in disbelief. "There is someone out there who can scare off Mikasa?"

"Ofcourse, Jean." Eren said. "Mrs. Kruger tend to get overprotective over me, Faye, Armin and Mikasa. She is a lot scarier."

Jean chuckled. "It's no secret now from where Faye got that scarry trait from."

"I am still confused about if Faye isn't a titan shifter, then how the hell she managed to grow back an entire arm?" Connie asked, looking at Armin.

Armin nervously smiled. "Ask Faye once she wakes up."

"So, did anyone cut Reiner's limbs?" Jean asked, looking at them. "We can't let him transform."

"I did this morning." Mikasa said.

"Don't worry." Eren said. "He looks like he already have given up."

"Who wouldn't be if all of their comrades get eaten?" Connie asked.