6. Destined for Greatness

AUTHOR'S POV:

Birds kept flying above the Walls while butterflies kept jumping from flower to flower as the morning sun's rays touched the ground.
.

After abandoning his titan body behind, Grisha sat down under a tree, just outside the gate of Shiganshina, along with Eren and Mikasa on his right.

It was silent as all of them were lost in their own thoughts about the new start in life.
.

Grisha let out a sigh and looked at Eren. "So, what should we do now?"

"All we can do is wait here for someone to come." Eren said, looking at Grisha.

Grisha nodded and looked at the gate of Shiganshina. "I am surprised people venture outside the Wall here."

"Not all people though." Eren said. "Just the soilders of the Survey Corps do it." He looked at the Walls.

"I see." Grisha said. "So..." He looked at Eren. "You said you are the last holder of Founding titan, Attacking titan and the War hammer titan, correct?"

Eren nodded, looking at him.

"But, how did you start the Rumbling, considering your are not someone with Royal blood?" Grisha asked, curious.

"I absorbed Zeke into my Final titan body so that I could use the Founding titan powers." Eren said.

Grisha gasped and his eyes widened. "Absorbed? What do you mean?" He leaned forward a bit. "Can you tell me what exactly happened?"

Eren let out a sigh. "Well, after you were sent here, Zeke continued his Warrior unit training and eventually, he inherited the Beast titan."

Grisha blinked in surprise.

"His original plan was to steal the Founding titan so that he could castrate Eldians with his Euthanasia plan to let the race be wiped out within 100 years." Eren said.

Grisha gasped as starred at Eren in horror. "But why?"

Eren looked back at the Walls. "Zeke believed if the Eldian race get wiped out, the world would never have to suffer at the hands of Titans again." He looked at Grisha. "Also, he believed if we'd never been born, we wouldn't have had to suffer, either."

Grisha kept starring at Eren with a pained expression for a moment before looking down and gritting his teeth.

Eren looked at the Walls. "The same will happen to Zeke of this universe too."

Grisha took a deep breath and looked at Eren. "So, I suppose Zeke of your universe didn't get what he wanted at the end despite having Royal blood and the one who did, was you."

"Yeah." Eren said. "It was a series of events to reach that end results. I befriended him. Then betrayed him. He had the ability to order Founder Ymir as Ymir only obey those with Royal blood while I had the Founding titan."

"But, how did you manage to take control from Zeke?" Grisha asked, curious.

Eren looked at him. "I managed to convince Ymir that she can make her own choice and that she doesn't need to obey anyone."

Grisha kept starring at him with wide eyes for a moment before his expression changed back to normal. "I see..." He looked down, trying to process everything.

A few moments passes by in silence while their hair kept ruffling in the air.

Grisha looked at Eren and Mikasa at a certain thought. He smiled slightly. "So, Eren. Mikasa."

Eren and Mikasa looked at him.

"How were your early life used to be?" Grisha asked, curious.

Mikasa lifted her scarf up a bit as the reminder and looked away. "We never had a normal and typical childhood a child is supposed to have, Dr. Yeager."