24. Female Titan

AUTHOR'S POV:

Survey Corps were now going through a broken, abandoned city.
.

Leading the charge were Erwin, Mike, and Hange.

Mike looked to the side and Hange turned her head as well, hearing loud footsteps. "10-meter approaching from the left!"
.

The brown-haired Titan with a large, protruding belly was approached them.
.

"I am very interested in seeing what's inside its stomach." Hange said.
.

Two Scouts flew toward it.
.

"But I'll leave it to the support team!" Hange said.
.

Titan tried to swat the first soilder but missed.

The soilder quickly flew by its nape, cutting it's nape.

"Shit! Not deep enough."

"Defend the formation!" The other Scout yelled.

The Titan tried to grab him but he dodged.

It swatted at the rooftops to try to get him.
.

Sasha was looking at them with an terrified expression.

"Stay strong!" Her squad leader said and grabbed her head, turning it forward. "Leave it to the support team, and keep going!"

The soldiers raced straight ahead.

"Onward!"
.
.

The soldiers had reached the outskirts of the city.
.

Erwin threw out his left arm. "Go into long-range scouting formation!"

Groups of soldiers began to split off from the main host.

"See ya, Armin." Reiner said and moved away.

"Be safe, Armin." Marco said, falling back on Armin's left.

"You too!" Armin replied.
.
.

The formation was made up of five parts. The vanguard, row 1, in the front. The center, row 5, the safest place, with communication on either side, rows 2 and 3.

Between communication and the center were the supply carts, row 4. Each of the rows was further split up into sections.
.
.

"Position yourselves at fixed intervals." Erwin commanded. "The vanguard is to spread out in a semi-circle. But stay within visual range of one another. Extend the recon and communication range as far as possible."
.
.

Armin was riding through a lone place. There was a building and a few trees. He looked around, breathing audible.

There was a second horse tied to his.

Then, two birds took off to the skies and his head snapped up.

'It's fine.' Armin assured himself. 'Calm down!'

A shot rang through the air.

He looked up to see a red flare.
.

A nearby soldier noticed the approaching Titan and shot a red flare.

Noticing the red smoke, another Scout shot a flare of his own.

Multiple trails of red smoke were drifting up to the sky.
.

Noticing that, Erwin shot up a green flare, signaling a change in direction.
.

Sasha was looking at her surroundings nervously.

Suddenly, a Titan scurried between the wreckage, appearing before her.

She yanked the reins and her horse took off. "Red flare! Red flare!" She fumbled with the capsule and ended up dropping it. "I'm going to die!"