22. Special Operations Squad

AUTHOR'S POV:

Eren along with Levi's squad were heading towards an old Survey Corps headquarters.

All of them were on horses.
.

"The former Survey Corps headquarters. It's nothing more than a renovated old castle." Oluo said. "While it definitely looks impressive, it's so far from the Walls and all rivers that it's completely useless to the Survey Corps."
.

The group moved through the forest.

"The story goes back to the ambitious early days when the Corps was formed. Who would've thought we'd end up using it again to serve as your hideout?" Oluo explained.

Eren observed his surroundings with a bored expression.

Then Oluo leaned toward him. "Don't get cocky, new blood."

"Hm?" Eren asked with confusion.

"I don't know the deal with this crap about you being a Titan, but we can't have Captain Levi babysit-" Oluo was interrupted when the horse missed a step and he bit his tongue.
.
.

"That's what you get for talking while riding your horse." Petra said, standing up before Oluo, who was sitting, tending to his injury.

"The first moments leave the most important impression. That newbie was scared shitless." Oluo said with arrogance.
.

Nearby, Eren was taking care of his horse.
.

"I think he was just stunned silent by how lame you are." Petra said.

"Still, it's all going according to plan." Oluo said, holding a cloth to his face, still trying to look cool.

"Man, you never used to talk like that. If by chance you're trying to imitate Captain Levi, you should really stop it. You two are nothing alike, but still..." Petra said, unimpressed.

Oluo smiled cockily at her. "Do you want to chain me down, Petra? You're still ways to go to be fitting for my wife."

"If only you'd bled to death from biting your tongue." Petra replied furiously. "You keep on boasting about how many Titans you've killed too."

"So what?" Oluo asked. "I've boasted about you guys too."
.

Eren was now looking at his new teammates. 'Those people are the Survey Corps' Special Ops Squad, commonly known as the Levi Squad.' He looked at Oluo. 'He definitely is a weirdo...'
.

"You're pathetic!" Petra said to Oluo.
.

Eld looked down at the ground and spoke up. "It's covered in weeds. It looks terrible."

"It's been disused for a very long time." Gunther said. "Inside, a sea of dust is probably awaiting us."

"That is indeed a severe problem." Levi said, approaching them. "We must sort it out immediately."
.
.

Levi threw the window open, hair and mouth covered by a cloth.

Then Eren approached him. "We're done cleaning the upper floors. Where will I get to sleep in the building, sir?"

"Your room is in the basement." Levi replied.

"Hmm." Eren said.

Levi turned around. "I'll take a look around the rooms." He walked away. "You do this room, Eren."

"Yes, sir." Eren replied and started cleaning.

After a few minutes, Petra came into the room. "You've got quite a despairing look on your face, Eren." She smiled.