3. knives

Chapter 3
Through the eyes of Anne

Carol lead me and Charlie to our own cell where we could rest. Placing Charlie down on the bottom bunk and making a wall of pillows around him so he doesn't roll out of bed I start to wearily inspect the room. It was as empty and bare as can be. Was when I realised all my stuff was still at Woodbury. Needing rest first I climbed up onto the top bunk and fell asleep. This was a problem for a later me.

---------------------------

I wake up to the sound of Charlie's soft crys alerting me that it's is morning. Walking out if the cell I go off to find Glenn or carol.

"Hey Anne, come and help me with this laundry." I look over to see Maggie struggling to hang a sheet. Running over to help her I pace Charlie in the basket and help Maggie hang the sheet.

"Thank you darling. Oh is that a new shirt?" Looking down at my band tee and flannel "yeah carol gave it to me" I smile

" Have you met Carl yet I think you would be about the same age." "No I haven't just yet." I say not really wanting to as I haven't talked to anyone for ages. "Well he's just over there why don't you go an talk to him. I'll hold Charlie for you"  I look at Maggie hoping she has more jobs for me to do or that she changes her mind. She stares back with a knowing look in her eyes. "He's just over there" I suck it up and walk over.

As I approach the boy, not having a baby in my arms I begin to fiddle with the bottom of my flannel. Studying his face I see he has broad shoulders, a sharp jawline and icy blue eyes. He's actually pretty cute.

"Hi, I'm Anne." The boy looks up at me searching my face. "Carl, Carl grimes." He has a small southern accent and a face as stiff as stone. "Would you like some help?" "No" he says sternly as if he doesn't want me there. Who am I kidding I wouldn't want me there

-----------------------------

I never knew how hard getting food was, maybe because I never had much food before but here I am holding Charlie with one arm juggling two plates of food filled with some canned beans. Trying not to drop the precious food I walk slowly and keep a very close eye in it.

I was so focused I forgot to watch were I was going and of course walked straight into none other than Carl. He looked at me as if I were stupid...it was sort of intimidating, No it was very intimadating. Not knowing what to do since my social skills are clearly lacking I walked forward and flicked a single bean off of his forehead. And smiled my most cheesiest smile.

He scoffed and I took that as my sign to leave. Running away I sat next to Glenn and Maggie.

"So how was your day?" "Fine if you don't count the fact that I just spilt beans on someone have to live near for a while. I am really scared. I heard he Carries a gun. What if he shoots me?" I say fast exaggerating random parts as if I am doubting my own sarcasm.

"Don't worry I doubt he will shoot you" Maggie chuckles out. Glenn then joining in until we were all giggling.

"So how did you get into Maggie's room weren't you locked up somewhere else?"
" Yeah I picked the lock. I mean no one ever seems to think about how deadly Bobby pins are there so distracted by the kniflves and guns they forget the many uses of them."

"Do you know how to use a gun or knife?"
"Yeah I can use a gun but I prefer knives"