28. Rope

Chapter 28
Through the eyes of Anne

I slowly open my eyes as my head is being roughly thrown over a metal trough and my arms tied with a course rope behind my back. I drift in and out of conciseness for a few moments before regaining it fully. I pick myself up and feel dizzy for a moment, before understanding. I look to the side of me to see Rick and Glenn and on the other side is Daryl and Bob.

"Glenn" I try to speak up but have material in my mouth stopping me. It's soaking up all my saliva making my mouth go dry and leaving a foul taste there. The peircing headache makes me pause for a minute before setting out the old reused material and trying again to which Glenn eventually wakes up. "Anne Anne" he panicked. "Are you all right?" He asks. "Yeah I'm fine, what about you. Are you alright?" "Yeah yeah I'm fine."

"How are we going to get out of here?" I ask Rick, Daryl and Glenn. We are stuck for answers when two men walk in wearing white protection suits.

He begins by explaining what will happen to us in great detail marking out every little thing. He tells us how he is going to enjoy eating our freshly killed bodies, he tells me how good I am going to taste. I nearly vomit in disgust. I feel sick to my stomach. I continually shake my head in disbelief, I know that Rick and Glenn will find a way out for us.

They demonstrate on the person closest to them. He picks up a clean sledgehammer and without hesitation thrusts it into his head. I close my eyes while his thick warm blood splatters on to my face and the surrounding. It drips down  and into the once clean trough. 'drip, drip, drip'

He moves onto the next person in the line doing the same mercilessly. He picks a new weapon for Rick and pulls his arms up ready to unleash but is thankfully interupted by another asking how many bullets he has used. Buying us some more time with our loved ones. "Rick, what are we gonna do?" I whisper quietly fearful of any inspecting ears listening in.

He just looks at me staying silent, which confused me even more until I see his hands rising into the air, free from the rope that still bounds me. Catching on I begin to fiddle with my rope as Rick carefully stands up and grabs the blood ridden machete. I stretch my hands a bit reaching into my hair finding one simple thing, a Bobby pin. The safety rubber that was once found on the bottom is now gone, leaving a sharpened spike at the bottom. Shoving it through the rope I am slowly sawing it down. When there are only a few strand left I use blunt force to snap it.

I pretend my arms are still tied down as I see that Rick has not only advanced but gotten one of the loners off to the side. I shuffle down beside Daryl, "what 're ya doin'?" He questions gruffly but still quietly. "Getting you out of these goddamn ropes" I reply quietly but sternly. I carefully look up to see Rick working on killing the others. I jam my pin straight into Daryl's rope stabbing him slightly. "Ah fucking bitch" he whispers under his breath, but I look up at him with a look in my eye. "Stop being a baby, Charlie handles pain better than you" I say.

Eventually I wear down the rope snapping it like I did mine. "Your welcome." I say eventually swapping spots to get Glenns rope but one of the terminus men walk into the room while Rick is wrestling with the other. Daryl gets up to deal with him while I try to quickly get Glenns without hurting him. Eventually we are surrounded by many dead terminus men. "So what's the plan?" Glenn questions.

Rick explains how we are going to run through the middle of terminus with no weapons and right back to where we started. "Absolutely not" Glenn says pointing to me subtly. "Oi" I say offended slightly.

"We aren't running right through the middle of the enemy's home" he continues to argue his point but I interupt him by saying "well I mean I am not doing cartwheels over this plan either but it's the only thing we've got."

Rick nods along with what I said eventually adding in a "she's right let's go" we follow him with no sense of direction purely trusting our gut to lead us home safely. Runing through a set of doors we are met with the sight of hundreds upon hundreds of candles all lit. I try not to let it mess with my mind but I keep thinking about it. Shaking it off I continue running with the group until.somwhow we actually make it to a weapons table which I remember is near the shipping container.

When suddenly

Bang

I try to cover my ears but it's to late their ringing as I squeeze my eyes shut. When I recover I co tu use to search over the table eventually seeing my own weapon. The set of knives Daryl scavenged for me.

As I admire them the doors smash open and I hold my knife in the air only to be met with the sight of carol. We all run up to her for a short reality before we must escape

--------------------
A/n

So I wrote this chapter but I have no idea if it actually makes sense..at all. But I am to lazy to proof read it so you could be getting an absolute shocker of a chapter but it is late and I'm tired.