Last edited » July 15, 2023
Author's Note » long chapter lolol but a lot of known information/copy and paste from the OG movie
Referenced Movie(s) » Rainbow Rocks (2014)
- - -

BEFORE THIRD PERIOD

"Hey, [Your name]!" Rainbow Dash's voice called as you walked out of second period. You were about to walk the opposite way.

She smiled, walking with you but requested the longer route to the library. "How good are you at Spanish?"

"Hm..." you hummed, thinking. "I can carry a conversation, but I need more vocabulary. I don't always know what someone is saying, not because I can't understand them - I can spell the word - I've just never heard it before."

"So you can help me with my homework?"

"I mean... I can't make you understand Spanish. I think studying would help you more."

"Yeah, but I mean the pronunciations."

"Oh, well... I'm probably not the best person because of my natural accent." Your teacher has expressed, to your face, how adoring someone Japanese speaking Spanish is.

"But Sunset Shimmer's really good. You guys are friends now." Your eyebrows raised when Rainbow Dash jogged ahead of you and pushed open one of the double doors to the band room you two would have passed. Slowly looking at her, you couldn't help but smile from memories of you lightly teasing her yesterday.

"Rainbow-"

"Just trust me."

"...Isn't it usually dangerous to go around showing everyone you have magical abilities? Supervillains finding you and stuff."

"Everyone in the school already knows because most people," she emphasized again, "actually go to the Fall Formal." Sighing with laughter, you accepted defeat and walked in. Sunset Shimmer wasn't very far behind you two.

She continued as you sat down in a corner, "Besides, Twilight took her crown back to Equestria so why would anyone be coming here again?"

Equestria... equestrian, like horses? she did mention horses yesterday   —You sighed. "Is Twilight that new girl?"

"Yeah."

You hummed. "Should I address her as Princess Twilight now?"

"Stop mocking me." Even Sunset Shimmer got a chuckle out of your two's banter. "I'm taking you to the statue next."

"The one here?" Her other friends slowly started filing into the room. You gently waved at each new person.

"The portal isn't gonna be open for 24 more moons, Rainbow," Sunset Shimmer informed.

the statue's a portal now? maybe she is serious. i really doubt Fluttershy would embarrass herself in front of other people, or they're just that delusional. and its... opening is represented in moons? as in the moon cycle? which is a month, so 24 months. this portal is open every 2 years?

"Oh, yeah..." Rainbow Dash sadly muttered.

However, she quickly showed indifference. Apparently, her band's - more so the group's band, according to a minor disagreement - performance would 'be enough to convince you.' You watched the five spread themselves out accordingly: Pinkie Pie was in the very back on the drum set while Rainbow Dash was in the middle, which was to be expected as a self-appointed lead guitarist and vocalist.

Fluttershy and Applejack stood on the girl's left, the former behind Applejack but in front of Pinkie Pie. Rarity was the lone soul on Rainbow Dash's right. In her hand was a keytar, while Applejack played bass guitar and Fluttershy held a tambourine. Patiently waiting, your unconcerned expression lift when this horse-magic stuff was indeed not a joke.