五十八

Last edited » September 23, 2023
Author's Note »
Referenced Movie(s) » Spring Breakdown (2019)
- - -

DAY 6
NEAR THE RAILING

oh my god, it's gone, oh my god   —Since photographs weren't an option, you kept your eye on the symbol in the water, but as you heard Dash and her friends coming closer, it disappeared.

this is so embarrassing, i can't. why has my life come to this   —You could feel yourself flushing, but whether or not it was visible was debatable.

oh my god, i can't do this   —You looked between the Rainbooms and the water; Dash was already setting up the anticipation by stating "This is more important than all of your things."

i just wanna crumble into a ball   —Perhaps you could use the weather app's inconsistency as evidence and redeem yourself.

"Behold!-"

"Actually," You nervously smiled as you grabbed Dash's arms, pulling them down. You whimpered as you were subjected to the girls' hard stares, "it's gone, but I did genuinely see it!"

"And... I get it if you don't believe me, or her, but.. if you look at the weather app, it says it's clear skies and it's clearly not, and storms this severe don't just roll in like light showers. The crew should have had hours to warn everyone to stay below deck, but didn't because of how unnatural the weather is." You glanced at Twilight, hoping she at least saw your point. She was looking at her weather app and seemed slowly convinced.

"And... I don't know if that's magic but... Dash isn't lying. She really has good intentions."

"...You have a point..." Twilight muttered. Your pounding heartbeat could see the light of victory. "It was supposed to be sunny all week..."

"...But it's not enough," her gaze was soft toward you but sharpened when she looked at Dash. "Weather inconsistencies happen all the time. It's not necessarily magic, like you said, and this especially isn't enough evidence if this is all you have to show us after a week of talking about it, Rainbow Dash."

"But we both saw it!" she whined.

"It very likely could've just been innate phosphorescent biochemical property of common algae."

what does- phosphorescent?   —You would google the definition if you had a working phone.

phosphorus is a chemical so phosphorescent could be something that has or shares chemical properties with phosphorus... i guess, i don't know. there's also luminescent, which is the ability for something to emit light, so maybe not. i should google what the suffix '-escent' means

"...What?" Dash shared your confusion.

"Mother. Nature. It was Mother Nature, Rainbow. You even dragged your girlfriend into your dumb shenanigans!"

"I didn't drag her into anything because she believes in me! and knows superheroes like us should do everything we can to save prisoners."

"We're not superheroes, and there's no prisoners."

Dash scoffed, "Well, excuse me: didn't know you considered fighting evil magic and saving the world from complete destruction and totalitarianism a completely normal civilian thing to do." She grabbed your arm and walked off.

my poor arm   —Another dispute and she might break it. Being consumed by anger made her very unaware of her strength.

DAY 7
ON DECK

it's only 1   —The clouds made it seem as though it was nighttime.

The storm still hasn't left, and the weather app was still inaccurate, but besides the occasional sounds of distant thunder, everything was fine (weather-wise anyway. Dash and her friends were still giving each other the silent treatment).

"...Do you want me to get lunch?" Since Dash was banned from the dining hall, and no one was allowed in the pool for the crew was concerned about lightning strikes, you two were sitting near the lifeboats. It was far away from everyone, who was otherwise eating.

"I want to sail to that island." You looked ahead.

"It's not safe." Obviously, but maybe not to Dash and her tunnel vision.

"...I know." She groaned, hiding her face in her knees.

"So I should go with you," you smiled as you gently swayed your body into her side. "After you eat, we can go."

You heard Dash softly gasp as she immediately picked her head up. "Really?" You nod, getting up to get some food.

༻ ༺