十一

Last edited » July 24, 2023
Author's Note » short little chapter lol
Referenced Movie(s) » N/A
- - -

FINISHING THE WALK

"...Dash, is that a turtle?" You looked in one of the corners of the living room when you saw movement in the corner of your eye. You were taking your shoes off at the door, as you and Dash just came back in. The reptile was slowly making its way over.

"That's Tank!" She walked over, picking it up. "And he is a tortoise, not a turtle."

"...Sorry." You walked over after her, but Dash set Tank down after showing him some small love. "You have a pet tortoise?"

"Yes." She squint, standing akimbo before bending down to your height. "Something wrong with that?"

You smiled, "I just haven't seen him until now, but I guess they're quiet animals."

"Oh, yeah." She stood back up. "He roams around sometimes but his house is in the corner of my room. I don't know how you didn't see that, to be honest..."

"But you didn't see him because he was hiding. He gets nervous easily," she smiled. "He went outside in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, though, but then he went back to hiding."

Dash looked over her shoulder and into the kitchen, "That's what the doggy door is for." She was pointing to the back door of the house, accessible through said kitchen.

"I built it and potty-trained him myself," she proudly smiled, her hands back on her hips. "Tank just got out of hibernation, actually. His burrow is still in the backyard."

"That's cute." You turned to heel, going back to her room. It was only 6 AM, much too early for anyone's parents to be cooking breakfast. You supposed you and Dash could hang out in her room for a few more hours.

"Do you play any video games?" She jogged to catch up.

"Not, particularly. Ember made me play some and they weren't so bad." You turned around when she fell silent. Your cheeks puffed as you tried to hold back laughter upon Dash's new jealous manner.

"Sorry." Unfortunately, a chuckle escaped. "But I don't see any that are interesting, to me. I like board games."

She sighed. "Lame. Time for you to play Mario Kart!"

"Sounds.. competitive."

"It is," she grinned, "and I'm the best player there ever is."

You hummed. "Say hello to your newest challenger then."

"I'll be waiting for your wave from the losers section."

"As far as I know, I'm the bowling champion." You smiled as she squint at you.

At this point, you two had made it back to Dash's room. Before leaving (which was about an hour ago), you nicely folded yours and her's previous outfits and put them in their own neat piles, not wanting to add to the laundry on the floor. After grabbing her pile, Dash excused herself to the bathroom so you could both change simultaneously, but separately.

Seeing that walking around in a shirt with only underwear underneath - albeit, the shirt was severely oversized, so, realistically, only you and Dash would know this - would be incredibly disrespectful in a house that was not your own, you grabbed one of the shorts you packed in your small bag.
.
.
.

Sitting on the couch in the living room beside Dash, you looked at the 30 character options the game offered.

The first apparent observation was that none of them looked like you, so you decided you would choose the most fun-looking avatar. Dash had already chosen a toad-looking racer because his 'rainbow mohawk makes him look totally awesome!'

"We don't have all day," she sneered. Only two minutes had passed.

"I do."

She gasped, "You're staying another night?!"

"No, I'm just taking my time." You chose the red character with a white mask and blacked-out eyes.

Next, you were to customize your vehicle, and seeing that this was your first time playing, Dash informed you of all the perks the same way she explained the controls earlier. Showing you how to access your statistics to gauge your future performance, you ultimately went with the teddy bear car, standard wheels, and the cloud glider.

༻ ༺